The Cubs' $18,875,000 Man

He has thrown out a lot of bad deals, Soriano, Fukudome, Bradley, but I don't think Z's was that bad of a deal. Obviously it hasn't turned out well, but look at his numbers before the deal and he was entering the prime of his career. He was a top 5 five NL pitcher when he signed that deal, if Hendry wouldn't have paid him there were plenty of other teams out there that would have. So while I still think he's made a lot of mistakes, I don't blame him for Zambrano's contract.

I agree. The life of a general manager is a ***** if you're not winning. Hendry would be getting blasted by us if we had the same record...but he hadn't signed Z and had lost him to the Yanks or whoever.

Having said that, I think it's time for a change within the whole organization.

OK, now what do we think of Big Z since he went back to the rotation?

IP = 57
H = 38
R = 11
ER = 9
BB = 33
K = 50
ERA = 1.42
Bat Avg = .194

Legit, or behaving well and the Cubs will still try to trade? Any thoughts? I don't believe the retirement talk, but you never know.

Try to trade.

There is no guarantee that this will last, regardless.
Not that I don't agree with you, because I think I do. Last night didn't help (another great start). 7 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 5 SO. His ERA is down to 3.36. I guess his value may not get any better, right?

Latest posts