The Chronicles of Rudock

ThunderHawk

Kurt, we need to talk.

We got us a problem up in here.

Our QB, pre-med academic stalwart and former Florida high school football golden boy that he may be, possesses a glaring deficiency, one that is not going to be cured by playing time:

He ain't got Teh Strong Arm.

He underthrew a couple of shoulda-been TD passes on long routes. He will continue to do so. A lot (unless the long pass is just abandoned. Yipee.) Because he ain't got Teh Strong Arm. It's unfixable. It won't get better. Ever. It is what it is, and it will prevent scoring, lead to interceptions, and limit the potential of the offense even further than GDGD does. This is McCann v 2.0. Um, I'll pass thanks. Big scoring plays matter. A lot. We aren't gonna have any with Rudock weak-arming it to wide open receivers who have cleared the safeties.

Apparently Beathard and Sokol do have Teh Strong Arm, at least according to what I've read. Let's see what they've got. We've got a WR who can run past the D. Let's play a QB who can throw the ball far enough to hit him in stride.

Let's lay down mediocre and take a shot at good. Do it, Kurt. You'll get your 4 Mil Per either way. At least let us have a little entertainment.

Can you coach arm strength?

No?

Not even Chris Doyle?

No?

I rest my case.

Hey, how about this one:

"He gives us the best chance to win."

So did Vandengone, according to Kurt...during a six game losing streak.

Kurt, we need to talk.

We got us a problem up in here.

Our QB, pre-med academic stalwart and former Florida high school football golden boy that he may be, possesses a glaring deficiency, one that is not going to be cured by playing time:

He ain't got Teh Strong Arm.

He underthrew a couple of shoulda-been TD passes on long routes. He will continue to do so. A lot (unless the long pass is just abandoned. Yipee.) Because he ain't got Teh Strong Arm. It's unfixable. It won't get better. Ever. It is what it is, and it will prevent scoring, lead to interceptions, and limit the potential of the offense even further than GDGD does. This is McCann v 2.0. Um, I'll pass thanks. Big scoring plays matter. A lot. We aren't gonna have any with Rudock weak-arming it to wide open receivers who have cleared the safeties.

Apparently Beathard and Sokol do have Teh Strong Arm, at least according to what I've read. Let's see what they've got. We've got a WR who can run past the D. Let's play a QB who can throw the ball far enough to hit him in stride.

Let's lay down mediocre and take a shot at good. Do it, Kurt. You'll get your 4 Mil Per either way. At least let us have a little entertainment.

Personal foul, ThunderHawk, Roughing the Passer. 15 yards.

How many games did Stanzi win? What kinda arm did Stanzi have? Yes, I know Stanzi had a better defense to back him up, but how many QBs are gonna be successful when the defense is good, and how many QBs are gonna be successful when the defense is bad?

Stanzi's long gone. Iowa is a different team. Stanzi didn't have a deep threat like Powell. He didn't have to worry much about throwing over the defense.

You guys can hate on me all you want, and I have no personal dislike for Rudock (actually I have great respect for a kid who can do football and pre-med; he's a hell of a better student athlete than 99% of the "students" slapping on helmets and pads)...but somebody disprove my premise.

If it makes you feel better to ridicule me, that's cool. Just disprove the premise while you're doing it.

I wish to be disproven. I fear I shall not be.

How many games did Stanzi win? What kinda arm did Stanzi have? Yes, I know Stanzi had a better defense to back him up, but how many QBs are gonna be successful when the defense is good, and how many QBs are gonna be successful when the defense is bad?
Stanzi also had O'Keefe, Moeaki, DJK, McNutt, Shonn Greene one year, Bulaga, Reiff, etc. In addition, Stanzi's arm wasn't great, but he was money on the deep ball except for when he didn't listen to O'Keefe and tried to throw it deep into the wind (e.g., Indiana in 2009 and Northwestern in 2010).

he overthrew said receiver once.

kind of kills your whole argument doesn't it?

Exceptions to a rule do not disprove a rule.

He underthrew several long passes. And Northern Illinois said after the game that they were sitting on the out route because they knew the QB didn't have the arm strength to get it out there fast enough.

It's a problem. An unfixable one.

Vandenberg had probably the strongest arm in the KF era here in IC. Heck he might have had the strongest arm of any QB going back to Chuck Long.

The problem isn't his arm, it is his timing.

Both of those balls went 50 yards in the air. The problem is he hung on to both of them a split second too long. That is definitely coachable.

Exceptions to a rule do not disprove a rule.

He underthrew several long passes. And Northern Illinois said after the game that they were sitting on the out route because they knew the QB didn't have the arm strength to get it out there fast enough.

It's a problem. An unfixable one.

BS. They were sitting on the out route because they know GDerpvis is the OC.

Vandenberg had probably the strongest arm in the KF era here in IC. Heck he might have had the strongest arm of any QB going back to Chuck Long.

Vandenberg SUCKED. He had a strong arm. And nothing else.

Rudock is vastly superior to Vandenberg in every other facet.

However, the arm strength is a huge problem. It limits the offense. Maybe he is the best option. I'm arguing that we need to see the other guys with stronger arms to know if that is the case.

BS. They were sitting on the out route because they know GDerpvis is the OC.

And they knew that a QB without stellar arm strength wouldn't zip it past defenders.

It was both.

They could sit on it because they knew Greg Derpvis would call the play, and that his QB wouldn't throw it hard enough regardless.

Nothing to read here Thunderhawk hates any starting Iowa QB, they only have love for the backups.

FALSE

I liked Drew Tate, Ricky Stanzi and Brad Banks.

I don't dislike Rudock. I'm concerned about his arm strength. The other two QBs may be inferior. I want to know if that's true.

And they knew that a QB without stellar arm strength wouldn't zip it past defenders.

It was both.

They could sit on it because they knew Greg Derpvis would call the play, and that his QB wouldn't throw it hard enough regardless.

Watch the replay. Unless Rudock threw the ball hard enough to throw it through the defender, it wouldn't have mattered. Not even Aaron Rodgers would have completed that pass. The problem was with the read and teh decision, not the arm strength.

I think you are just trying to find something to be angry about today.

FALSE

I liked Drew Tate, Ricky Stanzi and Brad Banks.

I don't dislike Rudock. I'm concerned about his arm strength. The other two QBs may be inferior. I want to know if that's true.

Jake the snake could throw it harder than all 3 of the above. just sayin.

Latest posts