The CaseIH Redzone

Icarus

The CaseIH Redzone thing needs to go away. Seriously.

Hearing that over-the-top announcement repeatedly yesterday ("The Hawkeyes have entered The Case IH REDZONE!!!!") reminded me of stadiums I've been to that can't generate their own excitement. Kinnick is better than that, in my opinion. Anybody else annoyed by this?

Also, I apologize if this has been mentioned. I ran a few searches and didn't find anything, but if it's been discussed just ignore me. :)

Hearing that over-the-top announcement repeatedly yesterday ("The Hawkeyes have entered The Case IH REDZONE!!!!") reminded me of stadiums I've been to that can't generate their own excitement. Kinnick is better than that, in my opinion. Anybody else annoyed by this?

Also, I apologize if this has been mentioned. I ran a few searches and didn't find anything, but if it's been discussed just ignore me. :)

YESSS!!! THAT WAS SOOO CHEESY!!! We are better than that!

Also, WTF is going on with BIB?!!! They have effed it up TWICE in the first 3 home games! Get it together!

Found it slightly annoying but not enough to worry about it. Lets face it, this is just another advertising opportunity. We should all know by know Iowa will never let an advertising opportunity go to to the wayside.

If you're willing to put up the money that CaseIH has put up, just to stop the announcer from saying CaseIH redzone, please be my guess.

If you're willing to put up the money that CaseIH has put up, just to stop the announcer from saying CaseIH redzone, please be my guess.

First of all, it's not even the advertising that bothers me most. If they just said "The Hawkeyes have entered The REDZONE!!!!" I would find it cheesy and below Kinnick Stadium.

Second, by your logic I wouldn't have any right to be annoyed by them renaming Kinnick "Iowa Corn Stadium" or something. There are certain things advertising should be kept out of, and anything going on during gameplay qualifies for me. Have a CaseIH commercial during timeouts or something, but don't do it while the players are on the field and the clock is running. I don't like the Coke commercials, but I can at least accept them for the money they bring in. If every Iowa first down brought, "Another Coke first down for the Hawkeyes!!" it would be going too far. Just my opinion.

WOW ME TOO!!! It's something they would do at Minnesota or ISU!!! GET RID OF IT!

if you got a second send an email to Barta...it makes the whole program seem cheesy...it's like the "And that's another....Golden Gopher FIRST DOWN"

Act like we've been there...on and off the field.

First of all, it's not even the advertising that bothers me most. If they just said "The Hawkeyes have entered The REDZONE!!!!" I would find it cheesy and below Kinnick Stadium.

Second, by your logic I wouldn't have any right to be annoyed by them renaming Kinnick "Iowa Corn Stadium" or something. There are certain things advertising should be kept out of, and anything going on during gameplay qualifies for me. Have a CaseIH commercial during timeouts or something, but don't do it while the players are on the field and the clock is running. I don't like the Coke commercials, but I can at least accept them for the money they bring in. If every Iowa first down brought, "Another Coke first down for the Hawkeyes!!" it would be going too far. Just my opinion.

Maybe it is in the contract that they must say it. Who knows. All I know is that there is a reason it is said and if it bothers you that much either put in ear plugs or pay the money out of your pocket to change the name to the REDZONE or whatever you would like it to be called.

Maybe it is in the contract that they must say it. Who knows. All I know is that there is a reason it is said and if it bothers you that much either put in ear plugs or pay the money out of your pocket to change the name to the REDZONE or whatever you would like it to be called.

it is a reason to say case ih. i suppose they are thinking when else could you work in case ih?

it's another case ih three and out? It's another case ih blocked xtra point? it's another case ih timeout?

i'm sure they are putting up big $ to have their name mentioned. it is said on the WHO radio broadcast as well.

hey, i thought the clownies were the only team where ag was important!!?? ;)

Like I said, I don't want it to be called anything. We don't need some guy shouting at us when Iowa gets inside the 20. Our fans are good enough to get excited on our own.

I realize they've probably given big money for the advertisement, but why can't they do it after Iowa gets a redzone score? During the commercial break say, "that trip to the CaseIH redzone" blah blah blah. It'd still be cheesy, but I could at least handle that. Just keep it out of the game.

WOW ME TOO!!! It's something they would do at Minnesota or ISU!!! GET RID OF IT!

if you got a second send an email to Barta...it makes the whole program seem cheesy...it's like the "And that's another....Golden Gopher FIRST DOWN"

Act like we've been there...on and off the field.

Golden Gopher First Down? When the hell was that ever said?

Didn't bother me in the least. And I didn't hear one complaint from anyone around me in Kinnick either. I don't understand the problem here. It's not announced to create excitement. It's just an advertising opportunity. I guess you can complain all you want. But I doubt the university is going to throw away revenue just so Kinnick's atmosphere can be exactly how YOU want it.

I agree with the OP, it was irritating. Way over the top on emphasis and volume. Won't it be fun when we get to the 19, lose two yards on the next play and then get back in the red zone on the following play? The chance to blast that thing twice in 3 plays - priceless.

Things could be worse. Just be happy that Case IH is the sponsor and not a certain feminine personal product company whose name begins with T. That would really test hawkcub42's theory that "Iowa will never let an advertising opportunity go to to the wayside". Perhaps the Case IH contract has less details, out clauses or strings attached. :rolleyes:

Yeah... both games I had tickets to they royally F*cked up back in black, I seriously wanted to rage so hard on who ever cant get the damn timing down.

And yeah the Case IH redzone thing needs to die in a fire or 2000LB Jdam strike.

The opening hasn't been right yet. Whatever happened to the countdown with the players on the big screen? Did I miss that in all the excitement?

Think they hosed it in favor of that cliche "we are" video that shows that we are "back", from what I dont know.

Last edited:
Case IH is paying a lot of money and the advertisement is all part of the media/advertising rights agreement with Learfield Sports.

The advertisement ran during the Iowa State game without sound. Today they put it all together. I also think it stood out a little more yesterday due to the subdued crowd.

Latest posts