The CaseIH Redzone

Hey, the fans in Kinnick don't have it soo bad. You could be a Steelers fan and hear about entering the Heinz Ketchup Red Zone all throughout the game.

Did they play it before the EIU and ISU games? I did not remember seeing it before any of those games. Either way, it is whatever. It just does not seem like it should be that difficult to get right.
Nile's speech has been played right before the Anthem at all three home games this year.

The Case IH red zone bit yesterday was TERRIBLE. Freaking gag me. Also, hate that they don't have the countdown for whatever reason this year and haven't shown them coming down the tunnel two different times now.

I also find the "Burrito Lift" AND the "Put a Smile on Your Face" (or whatever they call that crap) very annoying. The difference is the "Case IH Redzone" bit is DURING actual play. At least the rest of that garbage is during timeouts.

Apparently, the U of I is giving 50% of the profits from the CaseIH advertising to the University Heights police force to beef up its presence on game days.

I like University Heights on gameday, they are not enforcing the new tailgating rules (no open containers) and it is business as usual there.

I'm assuming they make enough money off of speeding tickets the other 6 days a week, they didn't feel the need to partake in the cash grab :)

I also find the "Burrito Lift" AND the "Put a Smile on Your Face" (or whatever they call that crap) very annoying. The difference is the "Case IH Redzone" bit is DURING actual play. At least the rest of that garbage is during timeouts.

I do agree with your opinion, but just saying in the big picture the Red Zone thing isn't the most annoying thing during game day. From a marketing perspective it actually is a good fit. If I had my druthers they would all go away, but that isn't the reality of big-time college athletics.

My hope is we all get sick of the Case IH thing due to the Hawks being regular visitors to the Red Zone.

I do agree with your opinion, but just saying in the big picture the Red Zone thing isn't the most annoying thing during game day. From a marketing perspective it actually is a good fit. If I had my druthers they would all go away, but that isn't the reality of big-time college athletics.

My hope is we all get sick of the Case IH thing due to the Hawks being regular visitors to the Red Zone.

OR we should just score all of our TDs from outside of 20 yards. This prevents us from hearing it at all! :)

Is it as bad as the Hawkeye pre-game show? I'm positive they're at commercial more than they're on air!

Dolph: Welcome back to the Iowa pre-game show...stay tuned as Ed Podolak will stop by to usher in more commercials...right after these words from our sponsors...

I don't mind the burrito stuff...just because it's during breaks in the action...but this is DURING the game.

Exactly...the OP thinks the Case IH RedZone thing is embarrassing but has no issue with the Burrito Pump

Where did I say I had no issue with the Burrito Lift? (On page 2 I even said "there are all sorts of sponsorships that bother me at Kinnick") It's absurd how many people here argue against what is easiest instead of what was actually said.

As has been pointed out, the myriad advertising annoyances at Kinnick have heretofore been during breaks in gameplay. I have said multiple times that, even if I don't like it, I can deal with an advertisement if it's during a timeout. The redzone thing feels connected to the game rather than tangential, which is my primary complaint.

My biggest issue with the sound system is that they can't seem to play an entire song. Even during a timeout, they'll start something, play it for 20 seconds, and then quit, only to start another song for another 20 seconds.

Start a song, let it play during timeouts as long as you can, and then shut it off when play resumes. It's not that hard.

Also, can they figure out the volume control on that thing? Some times they have it cranked up way, way too loud, and 5 minutes later it's not nearly loud enough. This isn't a new system that we have...so figure it out already folks.

At least it's not as frequently annoying as Indiana blasting over its loudspeakers, "And that's ANOTHER Indiana first down" everytime they make one.

Oh wait, my bad, come to think of it, maybe it is less frequent than Iowa being in the red zone after all.

The CaseIH Redzone thing needs to go away. Seriously.

Hearing that over-the-top announcement repeatedly yesterday ("The Hawkeyes have entered The Case IH REDZONE!!!!") reminded me of stadiums I've been to that can't generate their own excitement. Kinnick is better than that, in my opinion. Anybody else annoyed by this?

Also, I apologize if this has been mentioned. I ran a few searches and didn't find anything, but if it's been discussed just ignore me. :)

It definitely has the potential to be the most mocked ad at the stadium. Although maybe it has the possibility of a much broader application. Imagine you're on a first date, and the girl has invited you up to her apartment. In the background, you could have cued up, "You've now entered THE CASE IH REDZONE!!!" Why stop at the Hawks getting inside the opponent's 20 yard line?!

Latest posts