The Breakdown: Hawkeyes’ Comeback Falls Short at Minnesota

Two things:
1) NO TEAM can afford to lose a single game in college football and make the playoff. This might not always be technically true. But going forward, it's going to be the rule of thumb. And if anything, losing your first game hurts you less than your last game.

2) I don't care about Iowa's schedule. I want them to be better team. I want them to improve. You improve by pushing yourself and learning. I want Iowa football to learn how to run the 2 minute drill, BEFORE THEY NEED TO. I want Iowa bball to learn how to play defense, before they're down by 15 to Michigan State or Minnesota with the game slipping away.

Also - I'm not disagreeing with you that there's logic in their current scheduling strategies (for basketball and especially football). The entire program knows what it's doing. So maybe what I'm trying to say is that I wish Iowa would more effectively work on their weaknesses in these "easy" early season games. In football, when they're up against Northern Illinois or UNI... why not use the end of the 1st half as a 2 minute drill opportunity? They never do, they always sit on it. In basketball, why did they give up 82 points to UW Green Bay and 78 to Alabama State? Why not get aggressive and take pride in a great team defense?

That'll I agree with you 100%

If Cook goes pro after this year he would be a fool. He needs Iowa next year as much as Iowa needs him. That being said, I'm sure he's going to leave regardless.

I have no idea why Tyler cook is considered a legitimate NBA prospect. He’s tough in the paint, but so is 95% of the NBA. If you can’t shoot outside of 10 feet and run the floor NBA has passed you by. He needs another year at Iowa to develop some sort of outside shot.

Lol. Cook's not leaving.

Where would he go? There are only 60 spots in the draft and 8-10 of those are always taken up by Europeans. Aaron White and RDM barely squeaked in and they were definitely better players than Cook, and White never even got a sniff in the NBA. People underestimate how mind-blowingly hard it is to get drafted in basketball. It's not the NFL or MLB where hundreds of people get scooped up. After the Euros are accounted for you have to be one of the top 50 players in the entire country and he ain't it. After next year? Who knows...But it's not now.

You guys thinking TC's outta here got your Mitch King glasses on.

Aaron white is the best player Iowa has had since the 1990’s and he’s playing in Europe. cook has no chance.

This is the right question. When you look at this roster compared to other BIG rosters, it's easy to see how much talent it lacks. That's on the coaching staff. Cassius Winston's ceiling is so much higher than any guard on our roster. There are several other examples, I just picked his name out.

Iowa hasn’t had a guard like Carsen Edwards or Cassius Winston since BJ Armstrong.

Woolridge and Oliver were close enough for me. You couldn't guard Woolridge, his SR year. I tried. And I take my defense personally.

Is settle for either of those guys right now, hell id love to have someone on the level of Horner

Hate to be that guy, but I took off work today at noon today to go fishing and just got home.

Can someone give me the tl;dr of tonight’s game?

Goddammit this is the one I didn’t want to miss.

Latest posts