The better team won today.

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
You have to admit that. ISU straight up beat Iowa even with two redzone fumbles of theirs.

Blame the coaches, blame calls, whatever... the better team won today.

You just have to admit it.

I agree with you Stormin - but KOK's calls were defenseless.

Also, we have a bad culture developing around our 3rd and long defense.

Otherwise, Jantz made some plays and we have to admit that he flat out played today.

No, that's the thing. The BETTER team DID NOT win. That's what sucks about losing this game. The only time ISu has been better than Iowa was in KF's first two years.

The Hawks need to try to win games rather than playing not to lose... oldest cliché in sports and still the most accurate.

I don't agree. Iowa State will not win more than 5 games this season. They are nothing special. Iowa was outcoached when it mattered and has one of the worst defensive lines in the Ferentz era.

Iowa State was not the better team. Iowa could not contain a QB for the 2nd week in a row and played for overtimes. That's on the players and the staff.

As much as I made fun of Steele Janz pre-game, he was spectacular today and made a fool of Iowa defense.

How is that on the coaches?

Yes, KF sat on at the end of reg, which was dumb, but you can't deny that Iowa's D was HELPLESS against Janz.

They were just better today.

I don't agree. Iowa State will not win more than 5 games this season. They are nothing special. Iowa was outcoached when it mattered and has one of the worst defensive lines in the Ferentz era.

Iowa State was not the better team. Iowa could not contain a QB for the 2nd week in a row and played for overtimes. That's on the players and the staff.

Isn't that the DEFINITION of TEAM?

I'm not saying Iowa State is the better program, I'm saying Iowa State was the better team today. They won because they were better, no excuses.

Iowa will have the better season, yes. But ISU was better today.

No, the better team did not win today. The more aggressive coaching staff won today.

Say what you want about the Cyclones but their coaching staff is for real.

At some point in time canceling this game has to be considered. Really. What is it worth to Iowa? A black eye by little bro....demoralized they didn't win by 3 TD like they should have.....what do you gain Iowa???

It's on the coaches because when a QB is playing that well (and he did) you have to combat it by changing things up, outcoaching your opponent and playing to win.

In other words, you stop being vanilla, you go on 4th down when we can't stop anything, you stop pounding Coker right up the gut... you don't call prevent on 3rd and prayer that ends the game.

You are not playing OSU at OSU. 1:17 to play with 2 TO's and play for over time needing only a field goal. Once we went to OT I said ISU was going to win. Also, they should have won in regulation with the 2 missed FGS. The better team won today.

Iowa was OUT:coached, schemed, hustled, played, executed. Everything. It sucks but life goes on.

Isn't that the DEFINITION of TEAM?

I'm not saying Iowa State is the better program, I'm saying Iowa State was the better team today. They won because they were better, no excuses.

Iowa will have the better season, yes. But ISU was better today.

Yes, you're right. I think I developed tourette's and irritable bowel syndrome today

Latest posts