The Best Football Coach USA

Guys! it's Friday afternoon, come on now, no need to be hat'n!

Kirk is a classy guy indeed, He is professional and classy---is he the classiest? yeah--sure, that is debatable. look at other classy coaches like Paterno, Trussel, even Rhoades so far is classy--- The best coach in the country, no he's not, look at stats, but it's fair to say he's a top 10-15 in the country for sure, just look at his tenure since he's been here now--- we're a top 15 program, or solid top 25--

now, to most hawkeye fans, (please go easy on me if i'm wrong) that is probably acceptable--- to me personally--- not at all---we have a seasoned staff now, we have the tools, and the professional leadership to be a top 10 program 8 out of 10 years--- yes, we can do it, and this is where my complaint comes into play--- the "oh, we can't because we're iowa, we're a small state, geographically challenged. " doesn't cut it for me--
Well--look at nebraska-- what in gods green earth do they offer that we dont (besides history) which we too, now are creating a "history" with our program and let's not forget we too have a dang good storied/history program. Plus--look at how Iowa has become a breeding ground for the NFL--- don't think recur its aren't starting to take note? perhaps not, perhaps this is where i drink too much of the hawkeye juice, but just remember that attitude determines altitude--- yeah, it's cheesy, but it's true--- i just hope to god the staff has the attitude of Absolutely big 10 contenders year in and year out--- no reason why we can't now at this stage that the program is at!

---> edit to correct grammer--sorry

Last edited:
Hmm...nope, you don't know every coach on a personal level or don't even know about every coach from a media standpoint. This topic is filled with biased statements with no trace of substance to back them up at all.

Seriously, shut up. You are adding nothing of importance. Obviously the guy is giving an opinion. Why that has to be pointed out to anyway is beyond me.

Seriously, shut up. You are adding nothing of importance. Obviously the guy is giving an opinion. Why that has to be pointed out to anyway is beyond me.

Lol

Obviously opinions can differ, and I was obviously stating my opinion.

I'm sorry I offended so many people in this topic because I said that Kirk Ferentz wasn't the greatest coach in the United States or the classiest.

Guys! it's Friday afternoon, come on now, no need to be hat'n!

Kirk is a classy guy indeed, He is professional and classy---is he the classiest? yeah--sure, that is debatable. look at other classy coaches like Paterno, Trussel, even Rhoades so far is classy--- The best coach in the country, no he's not, look at stats, but it's fair to say he's a top 10-15 in the country for sure, just look at his tenure since he's been here now--- we're a top 15 program, or solid top 25--

now, to most hawkeye fans, (please go easy on me if i'm wrong) that is probably acceptable--- to me personally--- not at all---we have a seasoned staff now, we have the tools, and the professional leadership to be a top 10 program 8 out of 10 years--- yes, we can do it, and this is where my complaint comes into play--- the "oh, we can't because we're iowa, we're a small state, geographically challenged. " doesn't cut it for me--
Well--look at nebraska-- what in gods green earth do they offer that we dont (besides history) which we too, now are creating a "history" with our program and let's not forget we too have a dang good storied/history program. Plus--look at how Iowa has become a breeding ground for the NFL--- don't think recur its aren't starting to take note? perhaps not, perhaps this is where i drink too much of the hawkeye juice, but just remember that attitude determines altitude--- yeah, it's cheesy, but it's true--- i just hope to god the staff has the attitude of Absolutely big 10 contenders year in and year out--- no reason why we can't now at this stage that the program is at!

---> edit to correct grammer--sorry
Here's the thing, you can't just look at his stats and say he is not the best coach in the country. Everyone knows (OK PC), most of us Iowa fans know that he does more with less than most or all coaches. Put him @ Florida or Texas or Ohio State and see what happens. A national title at Iowa is just improbable, so again you can't just look at his stats. I will agree with you that he may not be the best, but he is right up there and on a short list.

Lol

I'm sorry I offended so many people in this topic because I said that Kirk Ferentz wasn't the greatest coach in the United States or the classiest.

My comment has nothing to do with your opinion of Kirk Ferentz. Its that you called the other guys opinion baseless. When it's simply his opinion. He didn't state it was a fact, nor imply it. It was clearly just an opinion, but you were acting as if he was stating a fact. So you were arguing with him just for the sake of arguing.

Kirk Ferentz is the most awesomest dude in the history of awesomeness. That is a proven fact. Chuck Norris told me so.

Lol

how can you say he's NOT the classiest, when earlier you said there's no way to measure level of classiness?

i win

Hmm...nope, you don't know every coach on a personal level or don't even know about every coach from a media standpoint. This topic is filled with biased statements with no trace of substance to back them up at all.
I would bet you spend the majority of your time by yourself. Annoying!

Iowin did u read any of those articles or watech a video before commenting. tell me how many D1 football coaches go to a high school with 230 some students and gives them a speech. I give kudos to kirk for that because that is very classy of him to do that. Mike Hlas wrote a great article on that kid and the coach. So i ask again How many D1 coaches do you think spoke at a (small) high school without getting paid for it?

It is a fact that Kirk Ferentz is the greatest coach in America. There is no disputing that fact. The only question is: Why are we so blessed?

Kirk Ferentz is the most awesomest dude in the history of awesomeness. That is a proven fact. Chuck Norris told me so.

Ahh Haaa :D eh eh ehhhh! That was funny! Thanks for the chuckle.

Lordy, boys, you all may just need to pull out your copy of the Orange Bowl,
pop some Iowa corn, and pour yourselves a frosty one or three.
Gracious My!

Latest posts