The Alford Stuff

BF_HlglCIAAxWKj.jpg:large

Did he just lay a large orange egg?

And who's the missing Sopranos cast member in pinstripes?

And to add insult to injury....those mighty mighty Lobo slayers go down by 20+ yesterday.

10 more years of Lobo butt-hurt on the horizon. Good luck to ya.

And to add insult to injury....those mighty mighty Lobo slayers go down by 20+ yesterday.

10 more years of Lobo butt-hurt on the horizon. Good luck to ya.

New Mexico won the best conference in the nation and finished second overall. They are basically the RPI champions of the world.

back in town yet?

yep. i'll go for the G rated version. sorry, i totally forgot about this thread.

i'll also preface this by saying that this is all 3rd hand info (or worse) so it's probably been exaggerated.

you might know about the lawn mower incident? if not, here's a quick summary: Alf goes in to local dealer, orders super fancy new mower. picks it up and takes it home. owner sends him bill/invoice and Alf calls and basically says "Don't you know who I am? I'm Steve Alford, I don't have to pay."

then there's the one (and this has been actually reported by some journalists i believe) where he tried to intimidate the Pierce rape victim with the whole religious jive and assured her that he would handle it if she didn't go forward with it.

then there's that homecoming where he was asked to speak (1st or 2nd year he was there) and he said he'd have to be compensated to do it, so they asked Ferentz and he did it for free.

there's a few for you. i've heard some other one's that seem fairly far-fetched, but the dude sure burned a lot of bridges there in IC.

Last edited:
yep. i'll go for the G rated version. sorry, i totally forgot about this thread.

i'll also preface this by saying that this is all 3rd hand info (or worse) so it's probably been exaggerated.

you might know about the lawn mower incident? if not, here's a quick summary: Alf goes in to local dealer, orders super fancy new mower. picks it up and takes it home. owner sends him bill/invoice and Alf calls and basically says "Don't you know who I am? I'm Steve Alford, I don't have to pay."

then there are the affair with his secretary rumors.

then there's the one (and this has been actually reported by some journalists i believe) where he tried to intimidate the Pierce rape victim with the whole religious jive and assured her that he would handle it if she didn't go forward with it.

then there's that homecoming where he was asked to speak (1st or 2nd year he was there) and he said he'd have to be compensated to do it, so they asked Ferentz and he did it for free.

there's a few for you. i've heard some other one's that seem fairly far-fetched, but the dude sure burned a lot of bridges there in IC.

There is more on the lawn mower thing.
Also, there are suits and haircuts.
Finally, there is a matter of the "free" vehicles provided to him and wifey.

I can fill in details in you PM me.

There is more on the lawn mower thing.
Also, there are suits and haircuts.
Finally, there is a matter of the "free" vehicles provided to him and wifey.

I can fill in details in you PM me.

i've heard more stuff, but can't confirm any of it. PM on the way!

Why can't you guys put the details on here? It's not like he is coaching here anymore so we are not smearing anyone that works or plays for Iowa.

A real meat man would "butcher" the guy when he had the chance. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember the feeler that was put out by Alford (or someone close to Alford) to Missouri when Quinn Snyder was fired? The way I heard it he went behind Bowlsby's back and make it known he would be interested in talking to them.

then there are the affair with his secretary rumors.

That was a rumor started during halftime of one of the Iowa football games. No truth to it, just an example of how hated Alford was. People wanted it to be true but it wasn't.

The Pierce thing did happen and Pierce did in fact rape that girl. They had dated in the past and let's just say he did something she didn't want to do and he didn't stop. There were other players outside the room when this happened. She played basketball for Iowa and left school soon after that. There was a very cool relationship between the Iowa men's program and the woman's program after that time. Especially when Pierce was allowed to stay on the team.

Alford also knew about Pierce driving to Des Moines the night before the home Indiana game when he harassed the girl he used to see. Alford let him play anyway.

He's really a very immoral person who uses religion as a front. He only cares about himself and his bank account. The guy never gave a crap about any of his coaching stops. He was always looking for the next best thing.

Latest posts