Thanks for everything JBO but....

Scott Leclair

it’s time for you to be a leader from the bench. You obviously ain’t the old JBO. You have never been much on defense and now you are really bad. You can’t score and are even missing free throws. Think of the team and lead from the bench..

Pretty harsh. This team is going thru garza, JW, and CJ if he gets his foot and legs back under him (exercise bike not the same as wind sprints). JBo had some hot games when we needed them.

I dont mind his 20 minutes but I think he should mainly be at the two guard.

Question, did JBO have two hip replacements? either replaced?

Thank god for Jordan, we’d be in trouble without him. Jordan found other ways to impact the game tonight and best of all, he realized he didn’t have it and stopped shooting. 5 assist, 0 turnovers in 35 minutes. Joe T immediately and I do mean immediately turns the ball over. In a game you can’t turn the ball over in. Jordan is money from the FT line and helped win the game late. Why are people so dumb?

Pretty harsh. This team is going thru garza, JW, and CJ if he gets his foot and legs back under him (exercise bike not the same as wind sprints). JBo had some hot games when we needed them.

I dont mind his 20 minutes but I think he should mainly be at the two guard.

Question, did JBO have two hip replacements? either replaced?
No, not hip replacement. Labral(cartilage) repair of hips.

1613710042078.png

Ya...go take a seat next to Nedderman at the end of the bench and comb your hair you has-been. LOL

Seriously, Jordan still is a threat to bring us things and does some things for us. But, I agree, he is more of a 2 position than a point position.

35 minutes, no turnovers, 5 assist, clutch FT down the stretch. He stopped shooting when he wasn’t hitting and and our back up PG isn’t very good

Jbo can still hit it in the clutch, remember game tying 3 at Indiana...hard to get more clutch than that. End of the game I trust Fredrick, JBo, Wheezy and even Garza to hit a 3. JBos defensive struggles are well documented but the threat of his 3 point shot I think opens things up for everyone else.

In summary, he isn't playing great but not playing bad enough to decrease minutes either. Dance with the one that brought you.

He has struggled but he beat UW two years ago in the KC with a dagger 3. And he's top 3 all time in the conf in made 3s. Numerous clutch shots when needed. You're right about his D. But, at some point this season he's gonna get hot again. Book it.

I thought his defense was much better last night as well as overall for the whole team. Jbo being on the floor helps spread the court and opens things up a bit for Garza. Last night we didn't need Jbo scoring. Weisy and Garza was leading the way. There will be time soon where Jbo will make the naysayers look foolish.

He didn't have a great shooting night but he did everything else well. What I like about his game last night is he didn't force shots. And tell me where he failed on defense last night? He could have but I don't recall. What he lacks in foot speed he makes up for in knowledge of how to play the game. There is a reason Fran has him out there for 35 minutes.
The one missed free throw? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't miss another one the rest of the year. I would rather have it in a 15 point win anyway.

Yes i know he has hip surgery’s. That’s why i said he just isn’t the JBo of old. Maybe i’m misunderstood but he would be a great leader off the bench not riding the bench. Folks are saying that Keegan, Nunge or maybe even Joe T doesn’t deserve a chance to start until JBo gets his shot back? CMac won’t get many points often but he is a must for feeding Garza. CJ is struggling with scoring but just him being in there is a game changer. Need more scoring because Garza and Joe can’t be the only 2 starters supplying the majority of the points...

BTW, JBO made his 1st point/free throw with 3 min left in the game and Iowa up 70-54. Not a clutch free throw down the stretch in my mind

Come on give the kid a break. He has done a lot of really good things in his career at Iowa and I suspect he ain't done. No he is not the super quick point guard and no he is not a great defender but for some reason I feel better when he is on the floor at crunch time than I do with Tousant He just looks like he searching for a turnover
I would not mind JBO coming off the bench if we had a better choice to start but I don't think we do
This is an offensive team that if hitting 3s is tough to beat. Lets just hope JBO gets hot at the right time because if he does we could make a run

This smells like bait, but I'll bite.

I feel like his defense has been better as of late. Simple things like going over top the screener instead of underneath. Touissant got in and went under a screen on Trice and he nailed a 3. Jbo has a better understanding of what needs to happen. No mental mistakes. No turnovers. Little things like that don't show up in the box score, but make a difference in the outcome of games.

I didn't want to touch the one missed free throw, but here I go. 90% free throw shooter should be 100%. I'll sign up for anyone to shoot 90% from the line and be satisfied.

People really love bagging on Jbo. I don't understand it. Two big blow out wins at Michigan State and Wisconsin. Maybe we should change something? I can't shake my head enough.

There's more to the game then scoring... He was guarding Trice much of the game. Does JBo get zero credit for holding him to 3-15 shooting and 11 pts? I mean can't have it both ways can we. JBo is a leader on this team. He's had his ups and downs shooting more so then other years yes. But the guy is about to be the all time assist leader for the program. He is as respected of a leader as anyone ever has been for Iowa. He's helped win a lot of games in many different ways. I'll gladly sink or swim with him

I have had my fair share of times that I have bagged on JBo. But last night he was very solid despite the shooting not being there. If he limits his shots when he isn't hitting, he can stay on the floor and help. His defense has been better as of late, but that may also be due to not having to guard extremely quick guards with the last few teams. But I'll take it. JT can help the team, but he has struggled with TO's this year. I think he will be much better next year and hopefully sticks to what he does best, which is penetrate and set up teammates or finish at the rim when it's there.

Latest posts