THANK YOU MATT GATENS

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
No one knows if Iowa is going to be playing in the post season.

We may not see Matt play in an Iowa uniform ever again.

A huge thanks to him in helping Iowa start its way back to where they belong in the B1G. A true Hawkeye. Bleeds Black and Gold.

Much thanks to him for everything he has done for Iowa Basketball.

Last edited:
Great Hawk. Will miss you Matt.

Still holding out hope you get to play a game or four more in Black & Gold!

Thanks Matt! You lived the dream. A Hawkeye for four years. I just wish you could've seen more team success, not for me, for you. We will remember you forever.

Matt Gatens will always be one of my favorite Hawkeyes. Came to Iowa to play for Alford, survived two years of Lickball (rock bottom), played another two years for Fran and was by far this team's MVP this season. He had a 5 game stretch of shooting and scoring that will be remembered for a long time. Thanks Matt for all the memories!!!

This thread is full of win.

Thank you Matt for four great years as a Hawkeye. Here's to hoping for some kind of postseason so you can don the Black and Gold at least a couple more times. If we get to host some more games, you can bet your *** I'll be there to cheer on the Hawks!

Yeah he was a great for Iowa and may never get to see post season.
Ron Santo knows that feeling too.

I hope Matt gets to play in some sort of post season. I hope all the Hawks do. He deserves it because he stuck with it through some of the darkest days of Iowa basketball.

I don't want today to be his last game as a Hawk. I don't think he does either.

Awesome. Gotta love the heart of this kid. Has so much fire and will to win. He will easily go down as one of my all time favorites!

Thank you Matt! Quintessential Hawkeye - hard work, loyal and all everything. Will be remembered for turning around the program and how he never quit even when times were bad. He toughened it out and showed young guys hard work pays off. Matt never took easy way out by quitting or transferring. He never caused problems to get kicked off a team. Proud he is and will always be a Hawkeye!

Thanks Matt, for truly being a great Hawkeye. You stuck it out when so many cut their losses & ran. You may not have had the succes you had hoped for but you have your integrity & the respect of all Hawkeye fans. You will be remembered for that above anything else.

Latest posts