Thank You, Jon...For Not Pulling D-Bag Moves Like This...

I know you're still good friends with Rob, but this is below the belt to try to get hits on the site...
Iowa Hawkeyes Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

What exactly are you objecting to? I do see a couple of leading headlines (eg: "Wilson Heading to Iowa," which links to a story behind the paywall of a Flint, Mich., hoops recruit taking an official visit to Iowa next month) which is what you do when you try to get people to pay for content.

Slightly misleading, but I don't see why that is an issue. Could have been worse, like when he threw KF under the bus for the attrition and loses early this year.

Slightly misleading, but I don't see why that is an issue. Could have been worse, like when he threw KF under the bus for the attrition and loses early this year.

Which article was this?

I think some have turned Rob into something he isn't. If I had the budget, I'd hire him back in a second

This is how a successful business works. It makes people want to read the article, thus pay to join his site. Economics 101. I see no problems with it as the headline is true, and it makes you want to read it. However, there is a mistake in the first line using "spend" instead of "spent". And how does this hit below the belt exactly? Don't get it.

Which article was this?

I think some have turned Rob into something he isn't. If I had the budget, I'd hire him back in a second

I like Rob...and wanted to kick Perault's a$$ for pulling that junk on him last year. I don't like misleading headlines...it would be like you posting one a month ago saying "Greg Davis Coming to Iowa"...to have coffee with Ferentz and to talk about the job.

Which article was this?

Even after that really lame/unprofessional/childish Twitter episode he had with Rodney Coe just like.. a month back?

This is how a successful business works. It makes people want to read the article, thus pay to join his site. Economics 101. I see no problems with it as the headline is true, and it makes you want to read it. However, there is a mistake in the first line using "spend" instead of "spent". And how does this hit below the belt exactly? Don't get it.

It brings hits to the site...it doesn't make anyone buy a subscription as he tells you what's up without having to do that.

its a bit misleading as Wilson committed to Marquette, and in its present form considering signing day is fast approaching. there is a very big difference between saying he is "Headed" to Iowa vs "Visiting" when you are discussing recruits

its a bit misleading as Wilson committed to Marquette, and in its present form considering signing day is fast approaching. there is a very big difference between saying he is "Headed" to Iowa vs "Visiting" when you are discussing recruits

Link please. I don't see Marquette listed as a team interested and my google search yielded nothing on that?

Which article was this?

It was a while back when he said the program was going down the wrong path and mentioned the attrition and something about time for a change. I can't remember, it was a few months back.

Shane you totally hooked me into this thread.

Yep. He really did..

The D-Bag comment was the hook.

Shane IMO that was a low blow calling him a D-Bag over an article headline. I've never called anyone I like a D-Bag.. You wrote "I like Rob...and wanted to kick Perault's a$$ for pulling that junk on him last year".

Yep. He really did..

The D-Bag comment was the hook.

Shane IMO that was a low blow calling him a D-Bag over an article headline. I've never called anyone I like a D-Bag.. You wrote "I like Rob...and wanted to kick Perault's a$$ for pulling that junk on him last year".

Prd...I'm not going to get into a semantics argument...the move was a d-bag move...I didn't say "Thanks for not being a D-Bag like Rob How"...

I like Rob...and wanted to kick Perault's a$$ for pulling that junk on him last year. I don't like misleading headlines...it would be like you posting one a month ago saying "Greg Davis Coming to Iowa"...to have coffee with Ferentz and to talk about the job.

I'm not a big fan of misleading headlines, either.

Latest posts