Thank You, Jon...For Not Pulling D-Bag Moves Like This...

Fair enough.

I do think your being a bit over the top.

That's fair, Prd...but when you know Iowa's looking for another player and/or transfer for this class...it's not a hook, it's misleading. A hook is "Fast Rising Wing Visiting Iowa"...misleading is making it look like it's a commit. Take "D-Bag Moves" out of it and is it still "a bit over the top"?

Link please. I don't see Marquette listed as a team interested and my google search yielded nothing on that?

its been posted on the Recruiting board somebody else posted it, shouldn't be hard to find as it was posted today.
and last i heard he was down to Memphis and Marquette, with NCstate making a late push
as for site showing who has offerred at this late date in the recruiting stage updates are rare, as sites are getting ready to put up the 2013 class recruits up

It was a while back when he said the program was going down the wrong path and mentioned the attrition and something about time for a change. I can't remember, it was a few months back.

I think the path that the program has been on the past couple of years has been beneath everyone's expectations, staff included. More high profile transfers, the most disappointing regular season performance (2010) in more than a decade..and Kirk Ferentz has said numerous times in the past month and a half that it was going to be time for some changes whether or not Norm Parker and Ken O'Keefe left.

So what was the problem again?

I think the path that the program has been on the past couple of years has been beneath everyone's expectations, staff included. More high profile transfers, the most disappointing regular season performance (2010) in more than a decade..and Kirk Ferentz has said numerous times in the past month and a half that it was going to be time for some changes whether or not Norm Parker and Ken O'Keefe left.

So what was the problem again?

Sorry Jon, don't remember the article word for word, just remember thinking that Rob had something crawl up his butt and die to word it the way he did. I'm not saying it was a horrible article, I just found it to be in poorer taste than the what the OP found offensive in this thread.

its been posted on the Recruiting board somebody else posted it, shouldn't be hard to find as it was posted today.
and last i heard he was down to Memphis and Marquette, with NCstate making a late push
as for site showing who has offerred at this late date in the recruiting stage updates are rare, as sites are getting ready to put up the 2013 class recruits up

Are talking about Anton Wilson??
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Anton-Wilson-104607

Google search
Anton Wilson going to Marquette - Google Search
http://www.google.com/search?source....,cf.osb&fp=646dbdd0cedd2082&biw=1280&bih=709

Last edited:
Sorry Jon, don't remember the article word for word, just remember thinking that Rob had something crawl up his butt and die to word it the way he did. I'm not saying it was a horrible article, I just found it to be in poorer taste than the what the OP found offensive in this thread.

I remember the item you are talking about. Rob took an opinion that was without pom poms ;) Sometimes when you do that, some folks don't like it.

I think I know Rob real well..and I don't believe he has any axe to grind with Kirk at all.

I have done a radio show with Rob the last 6 months and found him clever, professional and fun. Would I have written a different headline? Perhaps. But I think Rob is a good writer and as Jon knows, you aren't going to please anybody all the time.

The questions about DJK at a presser this year, almost a year after he was booted off the team, says a lot about Howe. Pathetic.

I remember the item you are talking about. Rob took an opinion that was without pom poms ;) Sometimes when you do that, some folks don't like it.

I think I know Rob real well..and I don't believe he has any axe to grind with Kirk at all.

haha, I will be the first one to admit that I don't mind saying it like it is and not just being a cheerleader. I just remember something rubbed me wrong about the article, which i unfortunately don't remember very well. Oh well I guess.

chalk it up to me misreading something as the most likely explanation.

Hawk40. this is where misleading headlines get people in trouble the poster on the recruiting boards referred to "A" Wilson committing to Marquette, by not posting the full name. Duane Wilson a 2013 pg from Wisconcin committed to Marquette, Duane Wilson is a 2012 recruit, he is to be VISITING next month, but by last reports is supposedly down to Missouri, Memphis and Marquette, with NC State making a late push, this is the 1st time in awhile there as been any connection between Iowa and Duane in a month. i truly wish people would provide full names and year classes when talking about recruits,
i got bad info and passed it on. this again is when printing misleading titles or headlines leads to various rumors or stories get started

Last edited:
Yeah that one seemed unfair...

The questions about DJK at a presser this year, almost a year after he was booted off the team, says a lot about Howe. Pathetic.

as he basically insinuated that KF was bad-mouthing DJK to NFL teams with nothing more to base it on than DJK's own speculation. I felt that was weak. DJK hurt his NFL chances all by himself without any assistance from anyone else. And what was KF supposed to say if asked by NFL people about DJK?

Overall do appreciate that Howe is not a cheerleader. Always good to have a dose of skepticism in coverage of your favorite team. We fans tend to always see things through the prism of "nothing is wrong."

I am about as loyal a hawk fan as there is out there and I enjoy reading and listening to Rob. He is going to ask the tough question, which most of us want to here, even of the Captain (gasp!, how dare he).

He also pokes fun at internet/Twitter tough guys. What a jerk!

Nothing personal Jon but asking your opinion on rob is similar to asking my opinions on Oreo's. I wouldn't say a bad thing about them either.

Whoa, Rob just tweeted an apology to Iowa fans for the Anton Wilson story. Sounds like it must have been totally inaccurate. I don't have a subscription and generally don't follow that site. Anyone have the scoop?

Rob Howe ‏ @HawkeyeInsider
My apologies 4 inaccurate story about Anton Wilson visiting #Iowa nxt wk. I went w/ what his coach told me. #recruitingiscrazy #Hawkeyes

Latest posts