Texas vs Iowa in the Insight Bowl

Insight vs. Texas looks to be Iowa's best case scenario:
1. Game vs big time name team
2. Game vs. opponent where Iowa recruits (everyone does in Texas)
3. Lots of Hawk fans in PHX area
4. Friday night game leading into holiday weekend=chance for a good number of Iowans to travel to PHX
5. Tons better than Houston Crap Care Bowl

I know its probably not going to happen, but I'm still holding out hope for the Gator bowl. That being said, a match-up against Texas would be very interesting.

I want revenge from 2006 when we played them in the Alamo Bowl.....

That was good Texas teams and not so good Iowa team and Iowa was in the game all day long..

I want revenge from 2006 when we played them in the Alamo Bowl.....

That was good Texas teams and not so good Iowa team and Iowa was in the game all day long..

I just remember Andy Brodell out running the Texas secondary. The announcers were so surprised that this white kid from Ankeny was so fast

After reading the article it seems for once I hope LSU wins.... I would like to go see us play TX in the insight bowl. I no longer care about LSU and BAMA superbowl honestly could care less about either of those schools playing. If an LSU win over GA gets us to AZ against TX I will take that anyday over having to play A&M.

I just remember Andy Brodell out running the Texas secondary. The announcers were so surprised that this white kid from Ankeny was so fast

Yeah that DB was a top projected nfl prospects at his position if I recall correctly.. was great when that happened.

Lets be honest if its Texas and Iowa , they will probably have more fans than a Fiesta Bowl game between Oklahoma State and Stanford...

Well yeah I remember that stat someone brought up a while ago and that would be two top 15 fan bases in one game. $$$ Insight bowl is drooling.

Yeah that DB was a top projected nfl prospects at his position if I recall correctly.. was great when that happened.

Aaron Ross I believe, starter for the Giants.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW_90oLZV9w[/ame]

Last edited:
Iowa was in the 2006 Alamo Bowl. They were more than in it they owned the first half. We all know the goofy call against Chandler took a TD off the board when I think the hawks could have been up by 17 points or more.

Was that a 2006 6-6 Iowa team beating a Texas team that I think was ranked #9 and finished with the 2nd best record in the Big 12.

Iowa definitely outplayed them which is why I am an Iowa fan.

Insight vs. Texas looks to be Iowa's best case scenario:
1. Game vs big time name team
2. Game vs. opponent where Iowa recruits (everyone does in Texas)
3. Lots of Hawk fans in PHX area
4. Friday night game leading into holiday weekend=chance for a good number of Iowans to travel to PHX
5. Tons better than Houston Crap Care Bowl

Plus, I'm sure Texas will think they just need to show up to take care of us; easier game for us to get up for.

I think the 2006 Texas team was 9-3 entering that game so not #9. But they were the defending champs.

This Texas offense is not good.

Latest posts