Tevaun Smith.

HeavenHasBeer

Didn't get to watch the game and listened to it when I could because I had outside priorities. Just watched the game on my dvr and my one takeaway (knowing the outcome) is Tevaun shows emotion and i love it. Something this team needs more of.

I just can't understand how he has games with little or no touches.

I think he is our best playmaker at WR and Davis must continue to find ways to keep him involved early and often every game.

Some might call it "swagger" or "cockiness", but I'd call it the "iowa needs some more of this attitude type thingy".

Yes, I like his emotion as long as he keeps it at the current level because you dont want to give an official a chance to throw a stupid flag.

We have all seen some official throw some yellow laundry for really subjective and stupid reasons.

Was it 2012 when Dom Alvis got called for pushing a Central Mich or Purdue player off him. The player was on Alvis holding him down on the ground and Alvis had to crunch the guy to get him off. The official called him for unsportsmanlike conduct. It was late in the game and helped put the opponent in range for the winning field goal.

There is nothing Tevaun has done yet to draw a flag but he shows fire and he wants to win.

Didn't get to watch the game and listened to it when I could because I had outside priorities. Just watched the game on my dvr and my one takeaway (knowing the outcome) is Tevaun shows emotion and i love it. Something this team needs more of.

Indiana's Defense had ZERO answers for Tevaun Smith. He was open every time he ran a pattern.
And yeah, I also love his toughness and his emotion. That is a player who really wants to Win.

He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

I havent seen anything from him that could be flagged for taunting ... He just tries to get the crowd into the game, which is definitely needed.

Indiana's Defense had ZERO answers for Tevaun Smith. He was open every time he ran a pattern.
And yeah, I also love his toughness and his emotion. That is a player who really wants to Win.

His first catch that kept our first scoring drive alive was a great one. JR threw it before he broke, hit him in stride and Smith caught it with the defender draped all over him. It was a great play all around.

He definitely gets pumped up at times. And correct me if I'm wrong, but he has to be the receiver that draws the most pass interference calls on the team. Seems like he gets one almost every game. To which I think speaks to his skills.

KMM is leading all WR's with regards to statistics and is the leader of that group, but it's obvious who will be the top WR at Iowa next season. Team captain perhaps? Smith has shown great leadership and play-making ability.

I think Tevaun Smith is the biggest playmaker on the team. He's painfully underused.

If you notice, Smith rarely goes down easy on 1st contact either and many times escapes the 1st tackler. KMM has hardly broken a tackle in 4 years, I wish they would throw it out to Smith on those swing passes instead of KMM. Nothing against KMM, but the odds of Smith breaking one are much greater than KMM breaking one.

I think Tevaun Smith is the biggest playmaker on the team. He's painfully underused.

T. Smith is a downfield receiver; he's a playmaker. I think he suffers the most in the horizontal passing attack. The kid is a stud on the deep seam and has very good hands.

Smith is a stud and should be targeted, even if forced, at minimum 5-8 times a game. good size, good speed, good hands, runs good routes, and he's aggressive.

He could be special if targeted more.

His first catch that kept our first scoring drive alive was a great one. JR threw it before he broke, hit him in stride and Smith caught it with the defender draped all over him. It was a great play all around.

It seems almost everythime a reciever makes a catch there has been a defender all over them as they made a catch. Few time I have seen where the reciever is wide open when they make the catch.

Smith should be #1 featured receiver. He should be getting 5 plus targets every game minimum. He's the most athletic one. (Maybe Willies is but time will tell)

Latest posts