Tevaun Smith.

Tevaun is really getting better, and will get better with each week.. With more touches each week will become a better route runner... Exciting seeing a play maker at WR for Iowa, have not had any since McNutt.

What I really like about watching TS is that he always looks like he is having FUN. That is, after all, what it should be all about for these kids. And, even when he shows some frustration, which is never out of line, I just figure he is all about wanting to win. Great attitude!

I really do like T Smith ... Nice to think we have him for one more season. He has a great body ... seems to run good routes ...

Will jake throw the ball to an apparently covered receiver on 1st or 2nd down and let the receiver 'go get it'?

If you notice, Smith rarely goes down easy on 1st contact either and many times escapes the 1st tackler. KMM has hardly broken a tackle in 4 years, I wish they would throw it out to Smith on those swing passes instead of KMM. Nothing against KMM, but the odds of Smith breaking one are much greater than KMM breaking one.

I agree some of KMM targets need to go elsewhere.

Nothing against KMM but the talent level has increased significantly since a few years ago.

Need more targets for Smith, Willies, Powell, Duzey, Parker and Canzeri out of the backfield.

I think Tevaun Smith is the biggest playmaker on the team. He's painfully underused.

Lately I haven't had anything good to say about Ferentz but this season I will honesty say that underuses talent like no other coach I've ever seen.

I've never said that before this year but after the first 3 games, I'm done with Ferentz. Looking at recent history, if you're a blue chip recruit, you're an idiot to play for him. Go somewhere else where you can actually play if you are the best player.

Lately I haven't had anything good to say about Ferentz but this season I will honesty say that underuses talent like no other coach I've ever seen.

I've never said that before this year but after the first 3 games, I'm done with Ferentz. Looking at recent history, if you're a blue chip recruit, you're an idiot to play for him. Go somewhere else where you can actually play if you are the best player.

Tevaun Smith 3* best other offer UConn
Powell 3* (Ohio)
Parker 2* (Northern Ill)
Willies 3* (Northern Ill/ISU)
KMM 2* (Bowling Green/Central Mich)
Hillyer 3* (Colorado St., UTEP)
Beathard 3* (Mississippi)
Canzeri 2* (Uconn, Indiana)
Weisman WO

WHAR blue chip skill player recruits being underused???

Powell 3* (Ohio)
Parker 2* (Northern Ill)
Weisman WO

I think he just meant if you are a talented player who is fast and can catch or run then you will probably be behind someone who has been there longer, works hard in practice and can block or something like that.

Powell 3* (Ohio)
Parker 2* (Northern Ill)
Weisman WO

Right on Deanvogs. Based off of your list one could even make an arguement that KirFer is getting as good of production from the talent (if not more out of it). But you'd have to put a lot of stock in the star ratings systems to go down that road. Some pan out, some don't.

I will say your list offers some very hardworking, dedicated, and committed individuals that have bought into the program/coaches and it shows on the field an in the stats.

The comment you quoted was an attempt to take a shot at KirFer, and in this instance, it was off the mark.

Powell 3* (Ohio)
Parker 2* (Northern Ill)
Weisman WO

Star gazing is fun. Your comment is idk, proving a point you don't want to prove I guess? I was gonna say dumb, but i wouldn't do that.

Based off of your list one could even make an arguement that KirFer is getting as good of production from the talent (if not more out of it). But you'd have to put a lot of stock in the star ratings systems to go down that road. Some pan out, some don't.

I will say your list offers some very hardworking, dedicated, and committed individuals that have bought into the program/coaches and it shows on the field an in the stats.

The comment you quoted was an attempt to take a shot at KirFer, and in this instance, it was off the mark.

Well said. These are under-recruited guys who are productive for the Hawkeyes. That is a positive sign of the coaching, not a negative.

Well said. These are under-recruited guys who are productive for the Hawkeyes. That is a positive sign of the coaching, not a negative.

You also shed light on what has been a major weakness in the KF career, inability to recruit playmakers on offense.

Keenan Davis was really our only big "get" from a skill position in recruiting. I feel we completely wasted his freshman year, and then 2012 was garbage. Think if we could have redshirted him and had him last year with Jake?

We seem to have more speed at WR but they don't see the field that much (Willies is hurt, but prior he'd see 3-5 snaps a game). Powell does seem to be getting more snaps, which is good because it's predictable when he's in (go long).

Still, we seem to rely on recruiting QB's and turning them into WR. We have had some success, though that was more under KOK scheme than GD. I don't know what GD scheme focuses on.

Good lord. No matter the topic, every thread becomes the same.

Yes, Smith could be something special. He is slowly becoming a favorite target, at least it looks that way.

Nice to see this much potential talent at multiple WR positions.

You also shed light on what has been a major weakness in the KF career, inability to recruit playmakers on offense.

Keenan Davis was really our only big "get" from a skill position in recruiting. I feel we completely wasted his freshman year, and then 2012 was garbage. Think if we could have redshirted him and had him last year with Jake?

We seem to have more speed at WR but they don't see the field that much (Willies is hurt, but prior he'd see 3-5 snaps a game). Powell does seem to be getting more snaps, which is good because it's predictable when he's in (go long).

Still, we seem to rely on recruiting QB's and turning them into WR. We have had some success, though that was more under KOK scheme than GD. I don't know what GD scheme focuses on.

<<I don't know what GD scheme focuses on>>

If/when anyone figures it out, said person is duty-bound to let ALL of us know! :)

Latest posts