Tenth anniversary

That team loses more than 1 game if they beat Iowa State.

I don't know about that. Iowa lost that game due to multiple fumbles deep in its own territory, giving ISU some short fields, which totally turned the game around. It sure didn't learn how to protect a lead after blowing that ISU game, judging by the way they coughed up a big lead @PSU (26-7 at halftime) a couple weeks later. That team just learned how to protect the football. I think they would have gotten that figured out whether they lost to ISU or not.

If anything, if there was some lesson Iowa learned by losing to Iowa St., they may have just learned that lesson against Penn State instead. I doubt that beating ISU would have caused Iowa to have a worse record than they actually had that year. Not buying it. :)

Last edited:
I bragged or celebrated? Neither. Just pointing out the obvouis. The Iowa football program is closer to Iowa State level than it is Ohio State. Accept that fact. Iowa will never consistently compete with the OSU's in football. The OSU's of the world will continue to own Iowa.

To say that historically, Iowa is like Iowa State, is laughable.

The term is cornfield-clown.
Every farmer (sans hawk fans) thinks they are ISU fans cause theys farmers.

Except that "transplant" is an isu grad, so he's a bona fide clown. An ********, matter of fact.
He should be banned and only allowed to re-register without any references to UI in his new screen ID. :(

To say that historically, Iowa is like Iowa State, is laughable.

????
So you don't like history?

Iowa has one outright conference championship in my lifetime. ISU has zero. (I'm almost 40)

Iowa has zero national championships. ISU has zero national championships.

ISU was much better than Iowa in the 70's. Iowa was much better than Iowa State in the 80's. The early 90's---advantage Iowa. The late 90's and early 2000's advantage ISU. You know the last decade.

Not much difference. Iowa is not at the Oklahoma level. ISU is not at the OSU level. Neither team is Duke either.

Iowa fans have turned me away from cheering for the hoks with this attitude like Iowa is a top ten program. Never has been, never will be. It has had some top ten seasons, but as a consistent program? Not even close.

Except that "transplant" is an isu grad, so he's a bona fide clown. An ********, matter of fact.
He should be banned and only allowed to re-register without any references to UI in his new screen ID. :(

You were born a FIB and you will always be a FIB. I was born a hawkeye, in the hawkeye state. :)

You are now just like all the posters you used to ***** about, asking for people to be banned.

You were born a FIB and you will always be a FIB. I was born a hawkeye, in the hawkeye state. :)

You are now just like all the posters you used to ***** about, asking for people to be banned.

Nobody as two-faced as you should be allowed to have "hawk" or "Hawkeye" in their screen name. I only want to revoke your right to identify with the University of Iowa, not ban you as a poster. You can stick around, but you have to be under a different ID.

clown troll

Nobody as two-faced as you should be allowed to have "hawk" or "Hawkeye" in their screen name. I only want to revoke your right to identify with the University of Iowa, not ban you as a poster. You can stick around, but you have to be under a different ID.

clown troll

oh changing things on me? sweet

Congrats on the 100th anniversary of your last conference champion.

Thanks Bro. I'm pwawd of it. 27 years ago Iowa had an outright Big 10 championship. Only one in my lifetime.

Before that it was the 50's with Eva.

Both teams(programs) are fricken awesome.

Thanks Bro. I'm pwawd of it. 27 years ago Iowa had an outright Big 10 championship. Only one in my lifetime.

Before that it was the 50's with Eva.

Both teams(programs) are fricken awesome.

Im just curious, how many big ten titles have the hawks tied for in the past 10 years? How many big twelve titles have the clowns contended for in the past 100? In my mind, tying for a conference championship is winning one. Don't sift through the stats to try and make Iowa sound like they are historically on the level of ISU. I don't give a rat's *** that ISU won the last two years, Iowa's football program is still at a higher level than ISU's. You guys celebrate 6 or 7 win seasons, we despise those seasons. If that doesn't tell you something, then I really don't know what will.

Im just curious, how many big ten titles have the hawks tied for in the past 10 years? How many big twelve titles have the clowns contended for in the past 100? In my mind, tying for a conference championship is winning one. Don't sift through the stats to try and make Iowa sound like they are historically on the level of ISU. I don't give a rat's *** that ISU won the last two years, Iowa's football program is still at a higher level than ISU's. You guys celebrate 6 or 7 win seasons, we despise those seasons. If that doesn't tell you something, then I really don't know what will.

I don't consider ties equal to wins. Sounds cheap to me. You are better than this Stevoskin.

I don't consider ties equal to wins. Sounds cheap to me. You are better than this Stevoskin.

Just because YOU don't consider ties for conference titles as actual titles, doesn't make it so. By your logic, when two teams tie for the conference championship, then NOBODY won the conference. That logic doesn't work for me. A tie doesn't mean there are no winners.

Last edited:
????
So you don't like history?

Iowa has one outright conference championship in my lifetime. ISU has zero. (I'm almost 40)

Iowa has zero national championships. ISU has zero national championships.

ISU was much better than Iowa in the 70's. Iowa was much better than Iowa State in the 80's. The early 90's---advantage Iowa. The late 90's and early 2000's advantage ISU. You know the last decade.

Not much difference. Iowa is not at the Oklahoma level. ISU is not at the OSU level. Neither team is Duke either.

Iowa fans have turned me away from cheering for the hoks with this attitude like Iowa is a top ten program. Never has been, never will be. It has had some top ten seasons, but as a consistent program? Not even close.

I LOVE history, actually.

Oh, and Iowa does have 1 national championship in 1958. Some people would dispute that, but they were awarded the Grantland Rice Trophy to Iowa, which was the trophy awarded to the national champion.

Someone posted a thread recently comparing the two programs, and it was a landslide in Iowa's favor when it comes to bowl wins, bcs games, top 25 finishes, Top 10 finishes, etc. I forget the exact numbers, but the point was well made.

No, the two programs really are not that close, historically, at least when looking at what counts - bowls, conference titles (shared or otherwise), final rankings, etc.

By that logic, when two teams tie for the conference championship, then NOBODY won the conference. That logic doesn't work for me. A tie doesn't mean there are no winners.

OK...OSU had the better record in 2002. OSU was the big ten and national champs. Iowa came in 2nd.

In 2004 Michigan represented the big ten thru the tie breaker as conference champs. Therefore, Iowa was 2nd.

Granting co champions was stupid.

I LOVE history, actually.

Oh, and Iowa does have 1 national championship in 1958. Some people would dispute that, but they were awarded the Grantland Rice Trophy to Iowa, which was the trophy awarded to the national champion.

Someone posted a thread recently comparing the two programs, and it was a landslide in Iowa's favor when it comes to bowl wins, bcs games, top 25 finishes, Top 10 finishes, etc. I forget the exact numbers, but the point was well made.

No, the two programs really are not that close, historically, at least when looking at what counts - bowls, conference titles (shared or otherwise), final rankings, etc.

yeah....okay. You convinced me. Iowa is a top ten program. 1958 AP picked LSU. You can go with the Grantland rice if you want. LSU was the better team.

Latest posts