Tenth anniversary

OK...OSU had the better record in 2002. OSU was the big ten and national champs. Iowa came in 2nd.

In 2004 Michigan represented the big ten thru the tie breaker as conference champs. Therefore, Iowa was 2nd.

Granting co champions was stupid.

In 2002, Iowa and OSU were both 8-0 in the Big Ten. Co-Champs.
In 2004, Iowa and Michigan were both 7-1 in the Big Ten. Co-Champs.

Your logic is interesting. You do realize that non-conference records don't apply to conference standings, right?

yeah....okay. You convinced me. Iowa is a top ten program. 1958 AP picked LSU. You can go with the Grantland rice if you want. LSU was the better team.

I didn't say anything about Iowa being a Top 10 program. We were talking about Iowa vs. Iowa State. Iowa is the better program.

In 2002, Iowa and OSU were both 8-0 in the Big Ten. Co-Champs.
In 2004, Iowa and Michigan were both 7-1 in the Big Ten. Co-Champs.

Your logic is interesting. You do realize that non-conference records don't apply to conference standings, right?

who represented the conference?

who represented the conference?

Ok, so by your logic, Iowa represented the conference in the Rose Bowl in 1980, 1985, and 1990 - just looking at the 1980's forward. That means that Iowa has won no less than three conference titles in the past 3 decades. RIGHT?

yeah....okay. You convinced me. Iowa is a top ten program. 1958 AP picked LSU. You can go with the Grantland rice if you want. LSU was the better team.

Final AP poll came out before the bowl games in early December. After the bowl games, Iowa was considered #1.

Latest posts