Temple melts down over Uhl

I bet most people out east don't even know where Iowa is.

Bingo - I once watched a "man on the street" interview on the streets of New York City, where they were asked random questions like, "Who is the Vice President of the United States?" "Where is Iowa?" The answers ranged from comical to insulting. It was SHOCKING how little the average person knew. The average location for Iowa was somewhere between Oklahoma and Georgia.

Then again, when I spent some time living in West Texas, most people down there thought Iowa was up by New York somewhere. So be it.

Wunder...

The idea that temple is somehow a dominant program to Iowa is pretty silly... Here is one (of many items)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1004/cbe1.pdf

Interesting. This proves what a lot of us have been saying here: the Big 10 is a tougher conference than the Big 12. Here's the comparison (with Drake and UNI thrown in).

Big 10
5 Indiana
6 Illinois
8 Purdue
9 Ohio St
10 Iowa
13 Michigan
14 Minnesota
15 Michigan St
28 Wisconsin
38 Maryland
57 Nebraska
77 Northwestern
82 Penn St
149 Rutgers

Big 12
3 Kansas
18 Oklahoma St
20 Oklahoma
27 Kansas St
36 West Virginia
47 Texas
52 Iowa St
89 Texas Tech
117 Baylor
135 Texas Christian

104 Drake
195 Northern Iowa

We sucked for more of the last decade than not. No surprise that people can't believe a kid chose us over them.

Plus many people on the coasts really do have unrealistic assumptions about what it means that Iowa is an "agricultural state". They take the horse and plow imagery to heart.

When living in Virginia I had a conversation with a co-worker about "what it was like in Iowa". He was a reasoably intelligent guy but still a had a lot of misguided (stupid) notions. I didn't think too much of it because it wasn't the first nor last time I would endure such conversations. Then I found out the guy grew up in Indiana. :) I had to rag on him a bit after that because come on! You think all power lines and paved roads just stop west of Chicago?

That's just plain stupid! Everyone knows that the big farmers in Iowa have TWO horses. :)

Pretty typical East Coast ignorance. See themselves as the center of the universe yet don't know crap about anything more than 100 miles from where they live

People from Philly are oblivious to what a s-hole Philly is

My dad had us kids set up with a Chevy Vega and a Ford Pinto (please don't blow up gas tank) in our family at the same time. Still questioning if he ever loved us.

Pretty typical East Coast ignorance. See themselves as the center of the universe yet don't know crap about anything more than 100 miles from where they live

People from Philly are oblivious to what a s-hole Philly is

Be nice. I was born and raised in West Philadelphia. Although I spent most of my days on the playground chillin' out and shootin' some baskets outside of the school. I had to move when a couple of guys started makin' trouble in my neighborhood, I got into a fight, my Mom got scared and I had to move with my aunt and uncle, which is where I finally found Happyness.

Be nice. I was born and raised in West Philadelphia. Although I spent most of my days on the playground chillin' out and shootin' some baskets outside of the school. I had to move when a couple of guys started makin' trouble in my neighborhood, I got into a fight, my Mom got scared and I had to move with my aunt and uncle, which is where I finally found Happyness.

Happyness aka Bel Air?

Good for you getting out and finding happyness. Yet doesn't your story just confirm that Philly is a sh!thole though?

Latest posts