Teh Clownez" are back, but when will WE be?

The B1G is a little better than the B12 (this year, which is a down year for the B12), but frankly Iowa's schedule is pretty weak. You only play some of the best teams once.

Comparing conferences; not ISU/Iowa schedules...really?

The BIG is not as good as it has been and is still considered the top conference. The Big 12 is nowhere and has not been anywhere as deep even when they had more teams.

There are a lot of "flash in the pan" teams in the Big 12, Baylor this year and Kansas State with Pullen. There really has only been one team that year in and year out has a quality team and that is Kansas. Mizzou has emerged of late and Texas is just having a poor year, those are the other two teams that have sustained anything.

In the BIG, you have programs that don't have a lot of dropoffs and it takes a lot for teams to move up in the BIG.

The B1G is a little better than the B12 (this year, which is a down year for the B12), but frankly Iowa's schedule is pretty weak. You only play some of the best teams once.

I think a couple of teams in the big 10 are a little overrated (ie. Illinois, Purdue, Indiana). Big Ten gets a little more cred then they should this year in my opinion.

I mean Iowa, Penn State, and Nebraska are beating some of the top teams in this league. Not sure that means the league is stronger than another league that has strong top teams (Bring on the "beat each other up" argument that the big 12 used all football season.)

What? Nebbie has been at the bottom of the big xII since always, now they're at the bottom of the b1g. What does that prove other than neb sucks at bball?

How were they a Big 12 Bubble team? You are talking about a program that has never won a NCAA tournament game, and has won 5 road games in 3 years (one of those at Iowa this year).

Big 10 is a better conference for sure this year, but I think the Big 12 is decent enough.

There was a ton of talk with Nebby to the NCAA, but then they lost to ISU twice.

Iowa St. is going to be a lot better next year, if White comes back.

Agree. But once the band of cast offs are gone, could be rough. CyFans will expect 25-30 win seasons every year after next season because of an instant gratification system. Instant gratification is nice and that's how a lot of society is in sports today but it also creates spoiled individuals and creates laziness because these people believe they should be given everything without working for it.

Hard work and patience is often forgotten in today's society because it doesn't result in instant results but pays off in due time.

i am not sure many people will disagree that ISU is better a this point in time, i think the aurguement is will be is, will ISU be better after the tranfers leave,
as for Neb, and their road wins they have 3 road wins this year alone.

Agree. But once the band of cast offs are gone, could be rough. CyFans will expect 25-30 win seasons every year after next season because of an instant gratification system. Instant gratification is nice and that's how a lot of society is in sports today but it also creates spoiled individuals and creates laziness because these people believe they should be given everything without working for it.

Hard work and patience is often forgotten in today's society because it doesn't result in instant results but pays off in due time.

Another person ignorant to who Fred is/has recruited. Why the hell wouldn't you want instant gratification? Winning makes it even easier to recruit. ISU had 5-6 prospects at today's games. All HS kids.

There is recruiting information on the internet. I suggest using that resource to expand your knowledge.

Wow, you don't pay any attention to recruiting do you?

Two top 150 players coming in next season with what appears to be some other athletic guards that will be role players.

ISU took a different route to rebuild and it has worked to a point this year in a very down Big 12.

Another person ignorant to who Fred is/has recruited. Why the hell wouldn't you want instant gratification? Winning makes it even easier to recruit. ISU had 5-6 prospects at today's games. All HS kids.

There is recruiting information on the internet. I suggest using that resource to expand your knowledge.

I agree, wining right away, having a packed energetic house makes recruiting easier.

It was a good win for the Clones. I think ISU needs 7 more wins to not have to hold their breath on selection Sunday. At this point who the heck cares what seed they get, just being in the NCAA tournament is huge.

What recruits does ISU have lined up for next year? I know Niang is a top 100 recruit.

Iowa isn't winning and they have a top 20 class.

Wow, you don't pay any attention to recruiting do you?

Two top 150 players coming in next season with what appears to be some other athletic guards that will be role players.

ISU took a different route to rebuild and it has worked to a point this year in a very down Big 12.

How down is the Big12?

Kansas, Baylor, and Missouri are as good as the top three in the Big 10. You might say the Big 10 has more decent depth in the middle but I am not sure how sold I am on the Big 10 middle depth. I guess you could probably say that about any conference's middle that you actually see alot. Purdue and Illinois are not that great in my opinion. Indiana is on the rise but I don't know if they are that great.

How down is the Big12?

Kansas, Baylor, and Missouri are as good as the top three in the Big 10. You might say the Big 10 has more decent depth in the middle but I am not sure how sold I am on the Big 10 middle depth. I guess you could probably say that about any conference's middle that you actually see alot. Purdue and Illinois are not that great in my opinion. Indiana is on the rise but I don't know if they are that great.

How is K-State and Texas A&M doing this year, throw in Texas as well. Teams that are supposed to good in the Big 12 that just aren't.

Texas is improving and there is still talent at K-State, but overall the conference lacks major depth.

Baylor is overhyped and can't shoot or dominate with their size and Kansas has some issues with depth. Kansas is playing short-handed after having some freshman ruled ineligible, I don't see them going deep in the NCAA.

Missouri is probably the best team in that conference and it would be interesting to see how they matchup against the top team in the BIG.

I don't think the BIG is as good as people play it out to be, but it is still better than the Big 12. There is a serious dropoff after KU, Mizzou and Baylor.

College Basketball Recruiting Schools - ESPN

Basketball Recruiting - Georges Niang - Player Profiles - ESPN

Niang is a top 100 and 4 star recruit. The others are 2* recruits. But I don't try to provide facts to CyFans because they don't go by facts, they go by bias. All of CyFans recruits are blue chips and although Iowa has a top 20 class I see quite frequently CyFans say Iowa's class is "not good". Pretty good considering Iowa isn't very good and according to CyFans, "trash".

Iowa also plays in a much, much tougher conference and it won't get any easier after this year.
It is funny how Nebraska went from a Big 12 bubble team to an afterthought moving to the BIG this year.

I may have missed something but when was Nebraska a Big 12 bubble team? They were perenial bottom feeders in the Big 12. That statement just isnt accurate.

Latest posts