Teh Clownez" are back, but when will WE be?

I0WA

I'll give ISU credit, they played a good game today. FH has them on the right path in his 2nd year and it is looking like ISU might make the tourney. What about us? The NCAA tourney is a long shot unless we can do some magic in the B1G tourney, and right now I don't even know how to feel about us playing in the NIT. The Nebby loss really hurts. How do you guys feel about our post season chances? It really hurts to see ISU do this well and to see the Hawks struggle.

Iowa has wins over UW, Minnesota, and Michigan - all solid wins considering the venues or point differential.

No realistic Hawk fan should have been expecting NCAA Tourney this year. With the transfers Hoiberg brought in, ISU fans were banking on them to pan out, and so far seems like they are. I personally hope they make it, I'm tired of UNI being the state rep in the post-season every year.

1 Quality win on ISU's Schedule. They still have alot of work to do.

As for Iowa, I think 2 years we should realistically be looking at the tourney. We need a star though. A star player can carry you quite a ways. ISU has one in Royce White.

Gotta remember, isu has all those transfers, so they only have this year and next year to play and then isu won't have anyone. Iowa has a better future with the players coming in next year. I don't see iowa making the nit this year, but next year I do, then in 2014 the NCAA tourney.

Gotta remember, isu has all those transfers, so they only have this year and next year to play and then isu won't have anyone. Iowa has a better future with the players coming in next year. I don't see iowa making the nit this year, but next year I do, then in 2014 the NCAA tourney.

You may want to do some research.

Its funny that people assume Fred has only recruited transfers...they have some good high school recruits coming in as well

it will be telling to see how they do when isu is full of talent they developed instead of transfers from other schools. then we will see if hoiberg can coach. they are doing well now but it is different than if they had developed these guys.

Iowa also plays in a much, much tougher conference and it won't get any easier after this year.
It is funny how Nebraska went from a Big 12 bubble team to an afterthought moving to the BIG this year.

Iowa also plays in a much, much tougher conference and it won't get any easier after this year.It is funny how Nebraska went from a Big 12 bubble team to an afterthought moving to the BIG this year.

very true. and 5th in the big 12 is a bubble team. 5th in the big 10 is a guarantee to the tourney.

ISU has a pretty good team and will make the tournament but I have to agree that Kansas looked like crap today. And I also agree that Royce White is the difference with them being a tournament team or not.

Iowa also plays in a much, much tougher conference and it won't get any easier after this year.
It is funny how Nebraska went from a Big 12 bubble team to an afterthought moving to the BIG this year.

This pining for the in-state school's schedule sounds really familiar for some reason...

What? Nebbie has been at the bottom of the big xII since always, now they're at the bottom of the b1g. What does that prove other than neb sucks at bball?

How were they a Big 12 Bubble team? You are talking about a program that has never won a NCAA tournament game, and has won 5 road games in 3 years (one of those at Iowa this year).

Big 10 is a better conference for sure this year, but I think the Big 12 is decent enough.

The B1G is a little better than the B12 (this year, which is a down year for the B12), but frankly Iowa's schedule is pretty weak. You only play some of the best teams once.

I loathe ISU as much as the next Iowa fan, but ISU is not just taking transfers at this point. It was a plan early, but they do have two Top 150 recruits coming in next season, the same as Iowa. The logic and all the comments on when a player leaves a school and if they end up at ISU or not are pretty dumb at this point.
ISU has four incoming freshman for next season and two more transfers that will be eligible to play (Lucious and Clyburn), with one of them having more than one year of eligibility left.

ISU/Iowa took different paths to rebuild their programs and I still like the path that Iowa chose. ISU most likely likes the path they chose as well.
Long term success of Iowa is what I am concerned with, not the short term.

Very good win but a team should win when they get called for 9 fewer fouls and shoot 20 more FTs than the other team.

Latest posts