Talked briefly with Reese Morgan today

Hawkeye27

I ran into Reese Morgan today at work and we chatted briefly about the team. He said that he didn't really get to see Garmon really workout yet, and said the team was probably going to fly by under the radar this year. He said we need some players to definitely step up because everyone was so young.

He said that Greg Davis would implement some more fullback gives than we previously have in the past. He seemed kinda iffy on the whole rb situation but he mentioned De'Andre the most as we were talking, so I think he has the ticket thus far.

We will see what happens with Hill and Garmon as camp opens up.

That is all.

i caught him briefly after lunch. he said it was still hot. i agreed. he was going his way, i mine, so that was basically it for the conversation.

I ran into Reese Morgan today at work and we chatted briefly about the team. He said that he didn't really get to see Garmon really workout yet, and said the team was probably going to fly by under the radar this year. He said we need some players to definitely step up because everyone was so young.

He said that Greg Davis would implement some more fullback gives than we previously have in the past. He seemed kinda iffy on the whole rb situation but he mentioned De'Andre the most as we were talking, so I think he has the ticket thus far.

That is all.

The whole thing with Garmon reminds me of JVB 12 months ago. All the quotes went something like this: "Oh thank God for JVB, he'll be such an upgrade from RickSix. Can't wait for him to make us forget Stanzi."

One 7-6 season later that included a Bowl loss and JVB didn't make any of us forget Stanzi. In fact Captain America's memory grows stronger with time. So for those proclaiming Garmon the next Greene, let's temper our expectations with individual players (but not for the season as a whole:D).

The whole thing with Garmon reminds me of JVB 12 months ago. All the quotes went something like this: "Oh thank God for JVB, he'll be such an upgrade from RickSix. Can't wait for him to make us forget Stanzi."

One 7-6 season later that included a Bowl loss and JVB didn't make any of us forget Stanzi. In fact Captain America's memory grows stronger with time. So for those proclaiming Garmon the next Greene, let's temper our expectations with individual players (but not for the season as a whole:D).

What the **** are you talking about in your first paragraph? It is incorrect to the point that it makes me question your fanhood. I don't remember anyone saying that JVB would be a big upgrade over Stanzi. It appears you're just making **** up.

Too bad JVB didn't do a better job on the defensive side of the ball last year, we could have done better than 7-6.

There was definitely some people who thought JVB was an upgrade physically over Stanzi. I even remember Matt Millen saying in an interview that he thought JVB would be better than Stanzi. He was the one who called the OSU game where JVB started for the first time.

Too bad JVB didn't do a better job on the defensive side of the ball last year, we could have done better than 7-6.

It's also too bad our defense couldn't read a blitz coming better too...that is where JVB's greatest improvement will have to come. He definitely has the physical tools.

What the **** are you talking about in your first paragraph? It is incorrect to the point that it makes me question your fanhood. I don't remember anyone saying that JVB would be a big upgrade over Stanzi. It appears you're just making **** up.

There were A LOT of people talking about JVB being better than Stanzi and that Stanzi only had the job because of Kirk's favoritism for older players.

There was definitely some people who thought JVB was an upgrade physically over Stanzi. I even remember Matt Millen saying in an interview that he thought JVB would be better than Stanzi. He was the one who called the OSU game where JVB started for the first time.

Everyone should have second guessed their JVB>Stanzi claims the very second Matt Millen chimed in in agreement...:eek:

That is all.

since you didn't mention it inspite of only talking to him briefly...did he mention how the DL was looking?

since you didn't mention it inspite of only talking to him briefly...did he mention how the DL was looking?

It was pretty brief, and I am sure he was in a hurry. But, he just said what we've been hearing. He said that some young guys Need to step it up because we were really inexperienced.