Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

WVU, Clemson, Texas, FSU, OU, OSU, TCU, BU, TT.

ISU, KU, KSU

What schools don't fit in this geographical equation?

Lookin at those breakdowns, I really think Bowlsby is going to have to strike a deal to get to move one if the Western schools.

After that, I expect Miami, G Tech, Wake, Louisville, and Pitt to be the next group to be mentioned.

I have been hearing NC State and VA Tech to the SEC for months.

That would leave Duke, UNC, Maryland, UVA, BC, and Cuse.

Delaney wants Maryland, UVA, and UNC.

That would leave three primary hoops schools to go back to the BE.

Last edited:
WVU, Clemson, Texas, FSU, OU, OSU, TCU, BU, TT.
ISU, KU, KSU
What schools don't fit in this geographical equation?

Well, its 2 groups of 3, or the group of 6...you choose.

East coast (WVU, Clemson, FSU)
Midwest region (ISU, KU, KSU)
Texas region (UT, BU, TCU, TTU OU, OSU)

Well, its 2 groups of 3, or the group of 6...you choose.

East coast (WVU, Clemson, FSU)
Midwest region (ISU, KU, KSU)
Texas region (UT, BU, TCU, TTU OU, OSU)

Why you gotta talk all this sense? Let us contemplate ISU getting the boot for at least a few days!

FSU reporter was on Miller and Brinson this afternoon. He said there is a 2% chance of this happening.

FSU reporter was on Miller and Brinson this afternoon. He said there is a 2% chance of this happening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM]Dumb and Dumber- So you're telling me there's a chance - YouTube[/ame]

Why is this?

I don't know for sure, but I would say because of the number of households they would bring to the Big 10 network coupled with their location. I do however, remember hearing something about the Big 10 wanting to expand South during the last round.
I personally don't think the Big 10 will expand at all for awhile. As far as the Big 12 goes, I think they're more likely to add Louisville and Cincinnati or BYU.

The Big Ten list consists of Texas and Notre Dame.
Its not MY list but it is THE list.

Those are the only two they'd add and only if they're equal members, which neither have been willing to be to this point.

The math doesn't lie.

I just can't believe what a 180 this conference has pulled since Beebe left. I knew he was bad, but this is breathtaking.

The Big Ten list consists of Texas and Notre Dame.
Its not MY list but it is THE list.

Those are the only two they'd add and only if they're equal members, which neither have been willing to be to this point.

The math doesn't lie.

Texas will probably never come, but ND is a possiblity some day. If ND finally gives in and joins the Big 10, I'm sure the conference would bring in a 14th team even if it wasn't Texas.

Call me old school...but to thrive, conferences still need some degree of geographic integrity.

The Big Ten, SEC, PAC 10, ACC, Big 12, Big East all have that.

The new hybrid versions of the Big East, Big 12 etc bubbling up... drift further and further from it. And as much as TV drives the revenue streams...I think fractured geographies still undermine a conference.

ISU and Florida State in the same conference just doesn't make sense.

Call me old school...but to thrive, conferences still need some degree of geographic integrity.

The Big Ten, SEC, PAC 10, ACC, Big 12, Big East all have that.

The new hybrid versions of the Big East, Big 12 etc bubbling up... drift further and further from it. And as much as TV drives the revenue streams...I think fractured geographies still undermine a conference.

ISU and Florida State in the same conference just doesn't make sense.

Sounds like we've got a vote for Iowa State to the B1G!

Amirite, amirite?!?

I don't know for sure, but I would say because of the number of households they would bring to the Big 10 network coupled with their location. I do however, remember hearing something about the Big 10 wanting to expand South during the last round.
I personally don't think the Big 10 will expand at all for awhile. As far as the Big 12 goes, I think they're more likely to add Louisville and Cincinnati or BYU.

Yeah, it's seems to me like UVA would be pretty attractive to the B1G. Excellent school w/ solid athletics. I suppose you could say the same about UNC. I don't know but it seems to me out of Rutgers, UVA and UNC that Rutgers has the weakest AD and academics?

Last edited:

Latest posts