tale of two quarterbacks

A big key to me is CJB being humble enough to be coached up on when not to force passes into too tight of windows. Would also help if the receivers would get open more than they normally do.

But I'd still rather have the guy trying to make plays than one who checks down for 2 yard gains all of the time.

Why don't YOU STFU and stop stalking me? You have responded to at least TWO of my posts where I wasn't talking to/addressing you. Why? Because you're a worthless pr*ck, maybe, or you're obsessed with stalking or whatever. But stop.

And I REALLY do NOT care about your "information" or your CNN-style damage control. CJ and his father should STFU, too. Unfortunately, we're stuck with them for two more seasons.

Wow talk about a rear end hurt clueless poster...

Why don't YOU STFU and stop stalking me? You have responded to at least TWO of my posts where I wasn't talking to/addressing you. Why? Because you're a worthless pr*ck, maybe, or you're obsessed with stalking or whatever. But stop.

And I REALLY do NOT care about your "information" or your CNN-style damage control. CJ and his father should STFU, too. Unfortunately, we're stuck with them for two more seasons.
How am I stalking you? I'm trying to tell you how wrong you are about the CJ and his dad thing. I know what happened, you clearly don't and are now stomping your feet. You are dead wrong about CJ and his dad being drama queens.

Little thin skinned aren't we Bob?

Last edited:
We have two talented quarterbacks in the Iowa football program, however they are very different regarding their style of play and personalities. They both bring great things to this program but there is one that should and deserves to be the starter next season.

Lets start with CJB. Yes, he has a cannon of an arm. Yes, he is very athletic. Yes, he has the capability of being a star qb. But what he doesn't have is the maturity. He doesn't listen to the plays Kirk and Greg Davis call. Instead he almost always throws the ball all the way down field and half of those throws end up in the hands of the other team. NOT OKAY. He also has no patience. He rushes plays and those plays usually end up in sacks or interception or no gain of yards. On anther note of maturity, any player who doesn't have the courage to go talk to his coach about wanting playing time doesn't deserve playing time. If you have to have you country song writing dad go on some radio talk show and threaten that if you don't get playing time you will transfer. That's pathetic and completely immature. He is a grown adult and should be taking care of these situations himself, not running to his daddy because he didn't get what he wanted.

Now on to Rudock. Great player. Great person. Great athlete. Has patience, knowledge and awesome leadership. We wouldn't have gotten through half of the games this year or last without Jake as the QB. Jake's numbers don't lie. He has dropped his total interceptions from last year to this year significantly which clearly shows tremendous progress. And his passing game has improved a lot as well. He is a smart player, he's a pre-med and microbiology major for goodness sake. He knows when we need to run the ball and when we need to throw the ball. He listens to his coaches, which is what every good player should do. He gets the team going and keeps them calm in situations where they need to focus and step up their game. His throwing game could be stronger and that it something he has been working on. He has also been the starter for TWO YEARS. He has earned it way more then CJB.

So, who should be the Iowa QB?
Rudock. Jake knows the offense more than CJ and has been doing it for 2 years now. He has clearly earned it. But at the Taxslayer bowl we saw something different. We saw a breakdown in the program due to wimpy coaches who were in fear of losing a good quarterback. They put him in solely so that he would not leave. That is complete bs and we all know it. Anyone who needs their daddy to threaten a program should not be our quarterback.

Hopefully this is your first and last post.

Latest posts