Taking a step back on the bye week: This is fun

biasedHAWKEYE

Iowa's offense is actually putting up yards and points, yet it still feels very distinctively Iowa. Defense also feels distinctively Iowa except they have fully incorporated a 21st century 3rd down pass package that the players not only seem to buy into, but one that puts a ton of young, talented players on the field. it also keeps Iowa's DT's fresh. Special teams are mostly special again. National media are talking about the Hawkeyes in basically every podcast, local media and national guys are mixing it up on twitter, assistant coaches more prominently involved with the media and social media, countless stories and mentions across the internet, Hawkeyes are winning Conference Player of the Week awards like they are participation trophies. Iowa is all over the interwebs this week, and for a program that often feels looked over, the attention is huge, particularly for recruiting. It's also great to watch how Jon's story is reshaping the narrative about Iowa's schedule.

Basically, has there ever been a more timely or fun bye week? I can't think of one.

Iowa's offense is actually putting up yards and points, yet it still feels very distinctively Iowa.
There's nothing better than a long drive where your O-line is pushing guys 3-5 yards off the line of scrimmage and the opposing team can do nothing to stop your running game.

I may be in the minority, but I prefer that style of football over the arcade version in the Big12.

There's nothing better than a long drive where your O-line is pushing guys 3-5 yards off the line of scrimmage and the opposing team can do nothing to stop your running game.

I may be in the minority, but I prefer that style of football over the arcade version in the Big12.

Yes, we are talking about drives that include 7 in a row or 11 in a row handoffs where the opposing team knows it's coming and still can't stop them. This with young backup players and they are pummeling D's. I mean who does that? What team does that this day in age? That absolutely breaks the will of a team when they know it's coming but can't stop it. Wait until they incorporate the play action when back and CJ & Smith back healthy again. This is going to be fun!!

Yes, we are talking about drives that include 7 in a row or 11 in a row handoffs where the opposing team knows it's coming and still can't stop them. This with young backup players and they are pummeling D's. I mean who does that? What team does that this day in age?
LSU and Alabama come to mind.

And in a different way, Georgia Tech does it when they have quality players.

Yes, we are talking about drives that include 7 in a row or 11 in a row handoffs where the opposing team knows it's coming and still can't stop them. This with young backup players and they are pummeling D's. I mean who does that? What team does that this day in age? That absolutely breaks the will of a team when they know it's coming but can't stop it. Wait until they incorporate the play action when back and CJ & Smith back healthy again. This is going to be fun!!

Yep, if CJ, the OL pass pro and the WR's get on the same page, it will be difficult for any team to stop us.

Not to rain on your parade....but, yes there is a team that stopped Iowa and their running parade. Wisconsin. Low scoring affair. WI had us and fumbled a handoff on our two. Now, yes we won, and yes J. Canzeri was good that game, but honestly, WI controlled the entire second half. They shut down our offense.
Yes WI should finish 10-2….a helluva year for them.kudos to them.
I will be surprised if they lose. Their defense is pretty tough!!

Not to rain on your parade....but, yes there is a team that stopped Iowa and their running parade. Wisconsin. Low scoring affair. WI had us and fumbled a handoff on our two. Now, yes we won, and yes J. Canzeri was good that game, but honestly, WI controlled the entire second half. They shut down our offense.

Way to suck the life out of enjoyable thread!

anyone wonder how far away 2013 Iowa was from this year...if the RBs were healthy and Weisman was playing fullback... how explosive would that O have been? don't know...just wondering.

WI did not 'have us'. Hell we missed a chippie FG and passed on another to go for it on 4th down.
Dont woulda coulda shoulda the life out of a good thread.

Latest posts