Sure is quiet on here...

Good win for the Hawks. Great team play tonight. We found the open man and we were knocking down shots. Got to hit those free throws at the end though. Payne needs to put some serious work into his free throws. Best win of the year by far tonight though.

Great D tonight.
Great execution tonight.

Iowa controlled the game from start to finish - it's been a long time since we could say that.

So glad to beat NW. So very happy.

Iowa must have won.

the three pointers got all the attention from the big ten network guys, but i would argue that iowa won because they played awesome defense (nw had 22 first-half points) and limited turnovers (eight for the game). it was great to see them execute against the 1-3-1 and the man-to-man.

just trying to liven things up a little. great win, and i'd be happy to post about it all night. it beats working, that's for sure.

You think we have two more conference wins in us BEFORE the tourney?
I thought Iowa had a great shot to win the rest at home. So that would be two more. I just hate the matchups with Michigan. I don't think UM is the better team, but Iowa can't match up with Sims or Harris. No one.

the three pointers got all the attention from the big ten network guys, but i would argue that iowa won because they played awesome defense (nw had 22 first-half points) and limited turnovers (eight for the game). it was great to see them execute against the 1-3-1 and the man-to-man.

just trying to liven things up a little. great win, and i'd be happy to post about it all night. it beats working, that's for sure.

You nailed it.

Fun game to watch, they really put it to Northwestern. Going into Purdue next will be brutal, hopefully they can keep it respectable. Then the next 3 games are all winnable ones.

...too, quiet. haha. Good win. Would be nice to get on a little role and maybe finish the regular season 4-3 or so and get a couple wins in the BTT to get some momentum for next year to build off of.

You think we have two more conference wins in us BEFORE the tourney?

i expect to beat indiana at home and northwestern on the road. i think we can beat michigan at home. tough to see us winning at purdue or wisconsin, but that last game at minnesota is interesting. they are in complete disarray at the moment and if they are out of ncaa contention i could see them rolling over.

We just don't matchup with Michigan at all. That will be a very tough game. But I wouldn't count us out if we are hitting 3's like tonight.

Spank, the more I watch the team that we have this year, the more I believe that the additions next season are going to make a huge difference. Great win.

So what do we do with all those quiet people in a couple years when they want to jump back on the bandwagon???

Do we welcome them back warmly or continue to remind them of their past indiscretions?

It was a nice win, nothing more nothing less.

I don't think it warrants triumph throughout the fan base or anything, but hopefully were headed in the right direction.

So what do we do with all those quiet people in a couple years when they want to jump back on the bandwagon???

Do we welcome them back warmly or continue to remind them of their past indiscretions?

I know that I will always want to remind IowaHawkeyes89 :) He is starting to come around on this thread already!

I cannot wait to go the game at Northwestern!

I guess I will stand up as the token hater for everyone. That was the most boring basketball game I think I have ever been to in my life. CHA was extremely quiet for Iowa dominating the game like they did, minus a few outbursts throughout the game and everyone leaving at the 4 minute mark.

My wish is that every team plays a 1-3-1 zone against Iowa for the rest of the season. Why any team would ever do that against Iowa is beyond me and they deserve to get blown out of the building like NW tonight. Iowa is built to play against the zone yet these stubborn coaches continue to do it which just doesn't make sense to me.

One last question. Does Northwestern have a weight program? They honestly looked like a team who hasn't lifted a weight during the season.

Latest posts