Suppose we make it to the Rose Bowl, who would you rather play?

HaydenHawk56

Stanford or Boise St?

I think I would be more excited to play Boise St this year with all the talk and exposure they get every week. Though, it would be a challenge for sure, especially for our defense.

Stanford. Just as deadly, more legit in national perspective. If we beat Boise, people would be, "yeah, thats why we didn't want them in NT game, proves our point they aren't good enough," blah blah...if we beat Stanford, who has National respect and an amazing program, we seem more legit in the eyes of the National fanbase and media.

If Iowa's in the Rose Bowl, the opponent doesn't really matter. The Rose Bowl is the Rose Bowl...

But that being said, Boise or Stanford would provide good story lines and would be high profile national opponents. An Iowa win over anyone in the Rose Bowl can only be a good thing. And it would be the first Hawkeye Rose Bowl title since 1959, so let's take care of business the next three weeks and party like 1959 on Jan. 1.

Stanford. Beat up on Harbaugh a little bit and make him have major doubts when the Meechigan reps come calling.

Stanford. Pac-10. Tradition. Boise is a lose-lose. If we win we dont gain any respect bc they are not a AQ and if we lose we lose a lot more respect then if we lost to an AQ.

Stanford. I can't stand Boise. Their behavior is entirely classless. Way too much after the whistle talk and contact. Stanford would be a good classic match-up. However, I have to admit that Stanford and Wisky would be good match-up as well.

You would be able to feel good about college football with either of these match-ups. I never feel good about college football watching Boise play. Seriously, a reverse throw back to the QB with a big lead on Louisiana Tech? What a DB.

As of right now, there is very little chance that Boise State plays in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon or Auburn lose, TCU very easily plays for the NC and then Boise would play in some other BCS game besides the Rose. If TCU doesn't play in the NC, then TCU will probably play in the Rose Bowl because they will be the highest ranked team amongst the Non AQ teams. So Iowa would either play TCU or Stanford. Stanford's passing game scares the heck out of me.

Stanford. I can't stand Boise. Their behavior is entirely classless. Way too much after the whistle talk and contact. Stanford would be a good classic match-up. However, I have to admit that Stanford and Wisky would be good match-up as well.

You would be able to feel good about college football with either of these match-ups. I never feel good about college football watching Boise play. Seriously, a reverse throw back to the QB with a big lead on Louisiana Tech? What a DB.

To be fair, I don't think they do that kind of thing if they weren't under pressure to put up ridiculous numbers every week. I mean they're scoring 47 ppg (and winning by an average of almost 36 ppg), and they continue to fall in the rankings.

Latest posts