Sunday Bowl Blog Update: Links, Hawks & Huskers

35-7 was in WEEK 2, would you want to play ISU again?

Both teams finished with 3 game losing streaks. ISU lost their starting QB during their losing streak. Iowa had a lead in the fourth quarter of all three games. ISU was not competitive in their last two.

Yes, I would have no problem playing Iowa State.

Not to kick a dead horse, but I don't think ISU helped themselves very much this season to get more viewing airtime next year. I felt bad for my father every time he had to LISTEN to the radio just to check out how the clowns were doing since they were not on local television half the season.

Also, the Insight Bowl, would have been referred to as the "toilet bowl" last year, not so much due to the bowl game itself, but more as to the actual "teams" they had playing in it. I like Paul Rhodes, and I actually root for ISU to win every game they are in that is not vs. any Big Ten team, but come on man, Chizik has his team undefeated and in the NC game in his second year at Auburn. Ouch!

Not to kick a dead horse, but I don't think ISU helped themselves very much this season to get more viewing airtime next year. I felt bad for my father every time he had to LISTEN to the radio just to check out how the clowns were doing since they were not on local television half the season.

Also, the Insight Bowl, would have been referred to as the "toilet bowl" last year, not so much due to the bowl game itself, but more as to the actual "teams" they had playing in it. I like Paul Rhodes, and I actually root for ISU to win every game they are in that is not vs. any Big Ten team, but come on man, Chizik has his team undefeated and in the NC game in his second year at Auburn. Ouch!
Do you know how the "New" Big 12 is going to play out? Obviously not, EVERY game will now be on TV whether thats FSN, ESPN, or ABC starting next season. And it sounds like ESPN is actually trying to by the exclusive rights of the Big 12 starting in 2015, according to a writer from the Austin paper.

You bring up Auburn, really? The pay-to-play is not enough evidence to show that this team has lost all integrity? Come on man they are cheating bastards...

Yeah... it's SO much better than the piece of #### bowl that it was last year when ISU went there.

I mean... it's practically a BCS Bowl now, since Iowa's going there. Whatever.

You guys are being picked behind Wisky, OSU, MSU, Penn St, and Michigan. You're essentially sixth in the Big 10. Congrats.

From National Title hopes, according to Jon, to the Insight Bowl. But of course, now you will all be propping up this bowl to make it out like you're going to Pasadena.

You really sound like a tool & we still walked all over ISU with this disappointment of a team. Not saying its a quality bowl what so ever, but I am saying that ISU still sucks

I also pull for ISU when not playing Iowa. ISU4LYF appears to have some underlying issues in hs life. I planned on going early to Phoenix last year to watch clones when I thought Iowa eas going to Fiesta. Insight is a good bowl for Iowa this year.

Do you know how the "New" Big 12 is going to play out? Obviously not, EVERY game will now be on TV whether thats FSN, ESPN, or ABC starting next season. And it sounds like ESPN is actually trying to by the exclusive rights of the Big 12 starting in 2015, according to a writer from the Austin paper.

You bring up Auburn, really? The pay-to-play is not enough evidence to show that this team has lost all integrity? Come on man they are cheating bastards...

Nobody does, because there hasn't been a signed deal yet. Beebe can blather all he wants about a new deal, but until something is signed, I would count on ISU having at least 4 games a year that don't get tv.

That's all right though, you folks like those 1 PM kicks.

Latest posts