Sunday Bowl Blog Update: Links, Hawks & Huskers

A LONG fall from the BCS game Iowa was in last season no matter how you suger coat it

Not quite as long of a fall from "Toilet Bowl" to NO BOWL. Did Iowa Disappoint & underachieve this year? Absolutely. Does ISU still suck? We all known the answer to that. Enjoy your time off, Troll.

Same sponsor, same location, NOT on New Years eve, likely incorporating only Midwestern fans if Iowa and Nebraska play, very little name recognition outside of the teams playing in it, A LONG fall from the BCS game Iowa was in last season no matter how you suger coat it, oh and ISU played in it last season and was ripped for it being the "Toilet Bowl"..beyond that I agree, but remember the payout does not go directly to the school, but to the conference, so what does that matter?

See here is the difference between Iowa and ISU, we aren't ****** because we probably won't be playing in a bowl on Dec 31st, but the fact we aren't playing in a bowl in January, I know ISU fan's don't understand that mind set, and before you go off about how there are more bowls in January you are correct, but it is funny that January bowls increase yet ISU still hasn't played in one. And nobody is comparing this to a BCS bowl, so please just stop making stuff up and go away.

Spin it how you want to Iowa State is likely a better team at this point than Iowa, both were a dropped pass away from being a 6-6 team, I would put my house on ISU beating Iowa next season.

I already have a tent

Most schools do not make money on bowl games. The behind the scenes bowl stuff is the best part of Death to the BCS book, IMO. Ohio State had to eat seats at last year's Rose and the Fiesta the year before...a lot of them.

However, every school NOT in a bowl game this year would likely write over a check, losing money, just to get the 15 practices for being in a bowl game. You can take that to the bank.
I will agree with this, but bowl payouts mean nothing to the institution.

Spin it how you want to Iowa State is likely a better team at this point than Iowa, both were a dropped pass away from being a 6-6 team, I would put my house on ISU beating Iowa next season.

Ahhhahahahahaha! Is it a trailor? Certainly there is a catch here.

Fine you made your point on this, now debate how more people won't watch it since it moved to ESPN and how they increased their payout to move up the pecking order to get teams that aren't 6-6? I'm interested to hear how you spin this to make it so the bowl isn't improved.

Which is what I said. The bowl payouts offset the majority of the cost for playing a game in a different state and the costs associated with it. If you can break even, it's pure gravy. You start out in the hole and work your way out of the hole depending on how many tickets you sell.

Again, it's worth the money because of the program development. Every coach in the nation talks about how important spring football is for the future of the program. Making a bowl game, any bowl game, is like having an additional spring practice session.

The programs that do not make a bowl game are at a competitive disadvantage. Talk about money and bowl losses etc, is really not the target. The primary target is the practice time the younger players get.

Team A: 7-5
Team B: 5-7
- Team A beat Team B 35-7, and it could have been worse had team A not let off the gas pedal.
- If I was a fan of Team B, I couldn't fathom running over to Team A's message board to run smack.

So what does this have to do with the Insight Bowl?

Team A: 7-5
Team B: 5-7
- Team A beat Team B 35-7, and it could have been worse had team A not let off the gas pedal.
- If I was a fan of Team B, I couldn't fathom running over to Team A's message board to run smack.
35-7 was in WEEK 2, would you want to play ISU again?

35-7 was in WEEK 2, would you want to play ISU again?

Sure- why not? Iowa played poorly against Minnesota.... is that the only reason u think ISU is better right now?
How was that trip out to Boulder? Both teams were 2-6 in the conference. It wasn't even a game.
ISU beat nobody, why the hell would Iowa be afraid to play ISU again?.
What is ISU's best win.... Texas? They went 5-7.
Again- I'm not sure why you are running smack here.

Latest posts