Sucks, but finally found out I don't really care

I think you nailed it. There's a very fine line between losing to a program that you respect and a program that you despise. I hate losing, but a loss to Wisconsin doesn't sting more than the others, because I have respect for what they've done as a program and what they've done to solidify themselves as the top team in the west. Nebby on the other hand stings so much more, because the program is irrelevant, the coach is a tool, and the fanbase is delusional.
Trust me, Badger fans are by no means choirboys themselves. I've been with one for 25 1/2 years. And lived in the state for 19.

Prior to more recent history, WI was Iowa’s bitch for a lot of years. Their biggest enemy, their most hated coach, was none other than Hayden Fry. Those days will return sooner than you think, along with NW.
That would certainly be nice to say the least.

Trust me, Badger fans are by no means choirboys themselves. I've been with one for 25 1/2 years. And lived in the state for 19.

My mom's family is from Milwaukee so I definitely see where you're coming from. I guess my initial post was based more on the premise that I can tolerate it more from them, because their program is currently relevant and any bit of hype surrounding Nebraska football came as a member of the Big 12 and they've done absolutely nothing to earn an ounce of respect (or bragging rights) since they joined the Big Ten.

Not at all, I've heard they can be tough on visiting fans in Madison but so can Iowa fans in Iowa City. To me they are the typical fans of a proud football program.

Nebraska fans are on a different level, not only are they dicks to opposing fans but they came into the league thinking they were superior over everyone. Even today you can't talk to a Nebraska fan without them bringing up the 90s, they live in the past. They thought they could roll into the Big Ten and roll over Iowa like they did Iowa State and turn the West (or Legends back then) into their punching bag like they did in the Big 12 North. They have been in the conference now for 10 years and they've yet to win the Big Ten and I hope they never do.

Not at all, I've heard they can be tough on visiting fans in Madison but so can Iowa fans in Iowa City. To me they are the typical fans of a proud football program.

Nebraska fans are on a different level, not only are they dicks to opposing fans but they came into the league thinking they were superior over everyone. Even today you can't talk to a Nebraska fan without them bringing up the 90s, they live in the past. They thought they could roll into the Big Ten and roll over Iowa like they did Iowa State and turn the West (or Legends back then) into their punching bag like they did in the Big 12 North. They have been in the conference now for 10 years and they've yet to win the Big Ten and I hope they never do.
Penn State was going to rule the BT when they came on board. Yeah, they have been good, but not dominating.

Penn State was going to rule the BT when they came on board. Yeah, they have been good, but not dominating.

Yeah, they came in with similar attitudes but we don't hear about it as much since they are clear on the other side of the conference geographically. At least they backed it up by winning the Big Ten in their 2nd year. I hate them for much different reasons.

Nebraska fans were actually really decent when they were good and kicked the shit out of us. I live closer to Lincoln than IC so I’ve been to several games since they joined the B1G, and I can 100% say their fans went full douche mode after Pelini left and they couldn’t buy a winning season.

Latest posts