STORY: Iowa Basketball Squeezes Orange in ACC-B1G Challenge

Gotta admit...he's moving the ball much better than I thought was possible.

You are right. When you have a guy like CM who can play a variety of positions and provide many good passes/assists, that is a great weapon. His defense has really been far better than I expected. He is also throwing in a few points here and there.

What's this? Nate Reuvers hedging and recovering?

Where have we seen that before.

Meanwhile Brad Davison, playing in an arena he has never played in before and will never again, getting booed everytime he touches the ball.

Some players just have the look of someone you love to hate.

I know it's not Big Ten / ACC but is anyone else watching this Texas Tech vs DePaul game? It's been insane

In OT on FS1

What's this? Nate Reuvers hedging and recovering?

Where have we seen that before.

Meanwhile Brad Davison, playing in an arena he has never played in before and will never again, getting booed everytime he touches the ball.

Some players just have the look of someone you love to hate.

Is there a reason he's getting booed constantly? Other than the punchable face? I turned it there later on and wasn't sure if I missed something or if there's some history with them?

So basically if Ohio State beats UNC the big ten wins the challenge. If not we tie. Not bad at all

Is there a reason he's getting booed constantly? Other than the punchable face? I turned it there later on and wasn't sure if I missed something or if there's some history with them?
It was mentioned in the broadcast that the same two teams played in the Kohl Center last year for the challenge and he drew four charging fouls.

In other action Ohio State looking good. And Texas Tech lets DePaul off the hook, missing a late regulation free throw that could have put them up four, giving up the three to send it to overtime, then imploding in overtime. Outshot, out executed and outhustled in overtime. Tech needs a poised point guard or they're going to keep losing games like this and they have Louisville at MSG on Saturday.

DePaul has a nice mix of castoffs and transfers that have meshed well early. They are an early season surprise. Their decisive win over Iowa was no fluke. This win should get them ranked.

I saw Connor has a 5.4-1 a/to ratio. Second place in the conference is 3-1. He's at about 5 assists per game and just under 1 turnover per game.
Conner basically played on the perimeter simple playing the middle man between JBo and Joe W. At the half he had two points and one assist. Of his 5 rebounds 4 were uncontested. For the game I saw him with two solid assists and hit a 3 on a second chance shot, he also had two airballs. He did this in 36 minutes of playing time. Joe T matched him in pts and assists in 13 minutes and played point. Two problems with Joe T, one he is a not a shooter, two, he will be foul prone. If JBo shuts it down, I'm really worried about the PG position. Iowa struggled to get Garza the ball and it will get worse in conference. I want to be optimistic but every conference game is going to be a dogfight. This team will compete but I don't think that's gonna be enough.

Conner basically played on the perimeter simple playing the middle man between JBo and Joe W. At the half he had two points and one assist. Of his 5 rebounds 4 were uncontested. For the game I saw him with two solid assists and hit a 3 on a second chance shot, he also had two airballs. He did this in 36 minutes of playing time. Joe T matched him in pts and assists in 13 minutes and played point. Two problems with Joe T, one he is a not a shooter, two, he will be foul prone. If JBo shuts it down, I'm really worried about the PG position. Iowa struggled to get Garza the ball and it will get worse in conference. I want to be optimistic but every conference game is going to be a dogfight. This team will compete but I don't think that's gonna be enough.

I think I agree with this. Iowa did a great job of putting CM in the middle of that zone where he could make those passes to the shooters or get to Garza. I’m sure no other opponent will play only zone. I still have concerns on the ability to get the ball inside against man pressure.

I think I agree with this. Iowa did a great job of putting CM in the middle of that zone where he could make those passes to the shooters or get to Garza. I’m sure no other opponent will play only zone. I still have concerns on the ability to get the ball inside against man pressure.

But it's not like Connor played abnormally good that game. He pretty much hit his assist average and probably was a bit under his point average.

What's even the point of mentioning the air balls unless you are trying to pile on as much negative as possible? They were both end of clock throw up shots where he was passed the ball with no time left on the clock.

CJ is quietly averaging 3.3 assists per game as well. I agree with above posts however. This conference is going to be a dogfight. It looks very top-heavy with four teams looking capable of deep tournament runs, five if Purdue keeps playing like they did last night. I can't believe how good Ohio State has looked early.

Jess Settles has said on the air that the B1G is ending their two decade national championship drought this year. I like our chances as well.

Latest posts