Stolen from HR.....

A little Googling and...
Player Bio: Ettore Ewen :: Football

Hawk-Item - - Suffered a major injury in pre-season camp in both 2004 and 2005, missing spring practices and both full seasons.

2006 - - Not listed on depth chart following spring practice . . . saw action in 41-7 season-opening win as defense held Montana to 10 net yards rushing and 144 yards total offense . . . recorded one solo tackle and two assists vs. Montana, along with one QB pressure in first action of career . . . saw action in double overtime win at Syracuse, recording two assisted tackles, including an assisted QB sack . . . saw action in win over Iowa State, but had no statistics . . . saw action in win at Illinois, recording one QB pressure . . . saw action in loss to top-ranked Ohio State, but had no statistics . . . saw action in win over Purdue, recording two assisted tackles . . . saw action in loss at Indiana, but recorded no statistics . . . saw action in loss at Michigan, recording one assisted tackle . . . saw action in win over Northern Illinois as defense allowed just 196 yards total offense . . . recorded one solo tackle vs. Northern Illinois . . . saw action in loss to Northwestern, recording one assisted tackle . . . saw action in loss to Wisconsin, recording one solo tackle . . . saw action in loss at Minnesota, recording three solo tackles . . . did not see action vs. Texas in Alamo Bowl due to injury.

2005 - - Suffered injury prior to first game and missed entire season.

2004 - - Redshirted.

High school honors - - Named Hillsboro County Ironman of the Year as a senior . . . nominated for Florida high school Hall of Fame . . . starter in Florida East/West all-Star game . . . team Scholar Athlete of the Year and team MVP . . . Career - - played both offensive and defensive line as a prep while playing just one season of high school football . . . was a three-year letterman in wrestling . . . recorded 64 total tackles as a senior, with eight QB sacks, and scored one touchdown . . . won state wrestling title as a junior.

Personal - - Born 3/1/86 . . . pre-medicine major . . . parents are Margaret and Eltore Ewen . . . member of National Honor Society and Tri-M Music Honor Society . . . earned Citizenship Award and was National Achievement finalist . . . earned high school Heisman Honor . . . one of three players from Tampa on Iowa roster . . . high school coach was Melvin Cunningham.

Ewen's Collegiate Stats
Defense Solo Ast. Total T/Loss Sacks QBH PBU FF RF
Freshman DNP, Injury
Sophomore 6 8 14 1/1 2 0 0 0
Career 6 8 14 1/1 2 0 0 0

Thank you - next question: Who in the hell is Ettore Ewen and when did he play?

How long have you been an Iowa fan btw?? He was a shot in the dark recruit we took who was an absolute physical freak...played on the dline. I think he was in on a few plays when Iowa made that goal line stand in Syracuse a few years back....thats probably his shinning Iowa moment.....quit football due to always being injured.

13388.jpeg

big_e_langston.jpg

Looks like he's been taking his... ahem... vitamins... His neck looks bigger than both of my thighs.

How long have you been an Iowa fan btw?? He was a shot in the dark recruit we took who was an absolute physical freak...played on the dline. I think he was in on a few plays when Iowa made that goal line stand in Syracuse a few years back....thats probably his shinning Iowa moment.....quit football due to always being injured.

Been an Iowa fan my whole life - sorry i dont remember a guy who had 14 total tackles in his career at Iowa. I was drunk as a skunk during the Syracuse game so that whole goal line stand is a little blurry

13388.jpeg

big_e_langston.jpg

Looks like he's been taking his... ahem... vitamins... His neck looks bigger than both of my thighs.

Its all natural - i dont think any of those guys are using PED's.....Except for that one guy who looks like his neck is actually about to explode

Isn't he the life skills "coach" now? That is the position that was created after all our off the field problems a couple years ago.

Chris Doyle once made the comment that Ettore was the only kid that came into his strength program, that was doing it the right way, before he got here.
He was around the 290 range and completely ripped when he played at Iowa. I'd be surprised if he needed any pills to look the part.

Last edited:
Chris Doyle once made the comment that Ettore was the only kid that came into his strength program, that was doing it the right way, before he got here.
He was around the 270 range and completely ripped when he played at Iowa. I'd be surprised if he needed any pills to look the part.

I just want to keep this thread fresh so when I wake up every day and see it on page 1 i can go to the thread and look at the original link and see if there are any Duke Rotundo updates...

Thanks, Imported.
I couldnt find the picture but that was the one I remembered seeing from practice. What a monster!

Latest posts