Steve Deace just predicted

Steve Deace is another one of those guys that likes to sling the occasional extremist viewpoint from time to time.

Ever listen to his radio show? It's like Rush Limbaugh on conservative steroids.

If Ann Coulter and Rush procreated, their spawn would be liberal compared to Deace.

He and Jon are friends.
Steve had a sports talk radio show on his own and with Jon.
Steve follows sports closely.
Steve is a bigot and intolerant of views that differ from his.
Jon seems to look up to Steve.
People on this board seem to revere Steve, but feign outrage when he rears up and says something controversial as he's prone to do.

Thanks, I recall seeing the show a couple of years back on public TV that you refer to with Jon.

Deace is almost always wrong about everything he says. I'm almost certain he's going to be wrong about this, BUT on some level, it wouldn't surprise me if it DID happen. This kidney thing is a bigger deal than most here would like to admit, and if KF didn't have the reputation he's had as a good coach both on and off the field, it'd be very easy for a school to push a less-successful coach out the door for something like this. Factor in the on- and off-the-field problems this year and I can see how some would like to get rid of him, OR I could see him wanting to leave town ala Lute Olson and his fleeing the 'fishbowl'. I don't see it happening, though, and I think once again that Deace will be wrong.

I agree with Deace... Many of you just hate anyone that speaks against anything Iowa... Rome, Forde, Doyel, Deace.. they all just **** you off because they speak out against Iowa.

fishbowl. tired of the fishbowl thing. the fishbowl didn't cause lute to leave, nor will it cause ferentz to leave. give these guys some credit. we are milktoast here in iowa, at best.

want some pressure? ok, leave and go find some real pressure. plenty of it out there. most of the heat is national in nature, not from the fishbowl.

Steve has made it known that he hates the iowa hawkeyes. on air, multiple times.

all I need to know.

why he is adored on this website, I'm not sure the reason.

Why do many on this website still listen to KXnO from 4 - 6 pm M - F? Why do people commit suicide?

Last edited:
Why do many on this website still listen to KXnO from 4 - 6 pm M - F? Why do people commit suidcide?

I had my radio tuned to WHO and caught the last bit of his program. Steveo doesn't do sports any longer, but still will take shots at Iowa when given the opportunity.

I had my radio tuned to WHO and caught the last bit of his program. Steveo doesn't do sports any longer, but still will take shots at Iowa when given the opportunity.

Which makes sense, because when he was doing a sports show, he usually found time to take shots at democrats.

Steve really said this?

Even more concerning is he is avoiding this thread? Steve, you read the board, clearly.

Man, this a guy i thought at least had the class to come on and comment as to why....deace do not turn out to be a punk like Matt P. I guess i expected more out of a guy that historically has stood tough and said exactly what is on his mind and defended it with the best of them.

If this is what he said i suspect he will be on here at some point to defend it. If not, i will be shocked and disappointed.

He and Jon are friends.
Steve had a sports talk radio show on his own and with Jon.
Steve follows sports closely.
Steve is a bigot and intolerant of views that differ from his.
Jon seems to look up to Steve.
People on this board seem to revere Steve, but feign outrage when he rears up and says something controversial as he's prone to do.

Steve is a lot of things, but a liberal isn't one of them.

Steve really said this?

Even more concerning is he is avoiding this thread? Steve, you read the board, clearly.

Man, this a guy i thought at least had the class to come on and comment as to why....deace do not turn out to be a punk like Matt P. I guess i expected more out of a guy that historically has stood tough and said exactly what is on his mind and defended it with the best of them.

If this is what he said i suspect he will be on here at some point to defend it. If not, i will be shocked and disappointed.

yes, he did. just like he wrote that KF would be fired back in '08 (i believe in his preseason piece he puts out).

he likes the attention.

Steve has made it known that he hates the iowa hawkeyes. on air, multiple times.

all I need to know.

why he is adored on this website, I'm not sure the reason.

Because he doesn't ******** people. There isn't any pre-tense. Steve was slurping the Hawkeye kool-aid just as much as anyone else before the season started. Quite frankly, when it comes to knowledge of college football, Deace blows everyone in this market out of the water.

Because he doesn't ******** people. There isn't any pre-tense. Steve was slurping the Hawkeye kool-aid just as much as anyone else before the season started. Quite frankly, when it comes to knowledge of college football, Deace blows everyone in this market out of the water.

The breadth of Steve's knowledge is great. He is as intelligent as any guy out there.

His wisdom is another thing.

He is a self-aggrandizing, righteous Limbaugh sycophant with just a little more flavor of religion. The guy needs to shut up.

....knowledge of college football compared to everyone in the market.....

you know you aren't saying a whole lot there, given the market.

as far as pretense. pretension is one of his stronger qualities.

if he knew so damn much about college football, why are his picks no better than 50/50.......or why are his predictions usually so off.....like his commentary on Harbaugh and Michigan...you know, Harbaugh cutting his knees on glass to get back to the Wolves.......

Latest posts