Stephen McCarty joins Hawks as Walk-On

Absolutely not A D-1 upper level player,Sac State offered only because his father played there,Witnessed this guy being outplayed the past 2yrs by lackluster talent,Only recruited heavy by D-3, and CC..Family will waste money next yr..

If he goes to class I wouldn't call it wasted money.... yes?

Hope that recruiting for Hawkeye basketball starts to pick-up, but next year is certainly looking like another really tough year (similar conference record to this past season). Hard to argue about the lack of early recruiting success by McCaffery, though I think he now has a potentially good staff in place.

Well I would hope he has a good enough grasp of the situation to be uncomfortable. If he's comfortable right now then something is wrong...

However, you can only base that opinion on what has already been leaked, which may be far, far different from what Fran could be cooking behind the scenes.

theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/01/10/sports/doc4b4945a9b956f406603106.txt

this guy averaged over 30 against Mccarty the past 2 yrs
-
theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/03/08/sports/doc4b95c6cd21aa8819070036.txt

Last edited:
From HI.com "Did McCaffery know what he was doing waiting 2 months to compile a staff with a depleted roster and a major need to bring in talent for next season?" Great point other staffs had 4 coaches recruiting to our 2. So what do we get? A walk on PG (if he wasn't

related to Marble, Hawks never give
him a look)

Exactly ,if he wasn't related,he wouldn't be there

Last edited:
fran needs to talk to ferentz and ask if keenan davis can join the team after football season. team would be immediately better. He can definitely ball

how do scholarships work for guys that play multiple sports anyway? which programs scholarship quota would it count against? I could look this up, but I'm hoping someone has the answer

Latest posts