State of Iowa Coaching Prediction

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Iowa and Iowa State are struggling...each might be a year away from having to make a coaching change.

I will throw this out there: Keno Davis will be a head coach in the state of Iowa within the next two years.

Last edited:
Re: Groundhog Day Prediction

Hopefully in Iowa city...I'd love to see that brand of basketball again...fun and fast paced.

Re: Groundhog Day Prediction

Iowa and Iowa State are struggling...each might be a year away from having to make a coaching change.

I will throw this out there: Keno Davis will be a head coach in the state of Iowa within the next two years.

It certainly would be change--Providence has scored over 100 points in 3 games, but also gave up 109 points to South Florida.

All I know is that game in the NCAA tourney with Drake a few years ago was one of the best/funnest basketball games I've watched. (except for the loss). I want someone at Iowa who will open the offense wide open.

All I know is that game in the NCAA tourney with Drake a few years ago was one of the best/funnest basketball games I've watched. (except for the loss). I want someone at Iowa who will open the offense wide open.

The Butler-Drake game two years ago was one of my favorite games in a long time..Deace and I were just talking about that..one of the best regular season games of the last decade in our minds

Is Iowa a better job than Providence? I'm not sure that it is.

Further, would Keno come back to a school that burned his father and has looked stupid for doing so ever since?

I think Iowa now is a worse job than Providence but from an ego standpoint it is bigger.

At Providence you are playing fourth fiddle behind Celtics, BC, and even UMass with the grads in the area.

Also, would he come back. Yes, hiring Keno is proclaiming loud and clear that we made a mistake. It would be the ultimate closure for his Dad.

The locals in Providence aren't happy with Keno right now either. There was some pretty critical comments by a local reporter after the home loss to South Florida. The win over Connecticut helped some of that, but there is a feeling that Keno blames the players too much and takes no accountability and it is starting to wear thin. So if there is an opening in the next couple of years in the state of Iowa, I could see Keno come back.

-- if he goes to ISU...then the Davis family could "rub it on our faces" for years to come....

Is Iowa a better job than Providence? I'm not sure that it is.

Further, would Keno come back to a school that burned his father and has looked stupid for doing so ever since?

I don't know Mr. Davis personally, but he doesn't seem like a guy who would hold a grudge.

I don't see ISU hiring Davis. Not enough success at Providence, and I had an email exchange with Pollard before Mac was hired about Mike Anderson and I got the impression we wouldn't be a running/pressing team.

The locals in Providence aren't happy with Keno right now either. There was some pretty critical comments by a local reporter after the home loss to South Florida. The win over Connecticut helped some of that, but there is a feeling that Keno blames the players too much and takes no accountability and it is starting to wear thin. So if there is an opening in the next couple of years in the state of Iowa, I could see Keno come back.

current record=12-9

What about the coach at Witchita State? He has been at Winthrop and had success, he is now in his 2nd year at WSU and having a great year. This guy recruits pure athletes and his style is very similar to Keno's in run and gun. They push the ball up the floor and defense is a key in his gameplan. His teams defensively are always very strong! I think this would be a good hire. Also look out for ODU's coach. This guy is a very good coach as well. I think there are few coaches out there with success. I just want Iowa to find a coach who has shown that he can recruit the athletes and also has a up-pace gameplan. Sorry this slow it down run the shot clock DOES NOT WORK in college basketball. As long as lickliter is here, Iowa will be the doormat of the big 10.

Latest posts