State of Iowa Coaching Prediction

Does Keno run the same press style that his dad did? I would love to see some hawks doing jumping jacks on the baseline again.

What about the coach at Witchita State? He has been at Winthrop and had success, he is now in his 2nd year at WSU and having a great year. This guy recruits pure athletes and his style is very similar to Keno's in run and gun. They push the ball up the floor and defense is a key in his gameplan. His teams defensively are always very strong! I think this would be a good hire. Also look out for ODU's coach. This guy is a very good coach as well. I think there are few coaches out there with success. I just want Iowa to find a coach who has shown that he can recruit the athletes and also has a up-pace gameplan. Sorry this slow it down run the shot clock DOES NOT WORK in college basketball. As long as lickliter is here, Iowa will be the doormat of the big 10.

I'm not too familar with either of these coaches but I think you are on the right track. I don't understand why people think that a coach from a successful program in a major conference would want to leave to coach at Iowa, with the current state of the program.

McDermott is not going anywhere anytime soon regardless of how the Clones finish this year or next year. Pollard can't afford to be 0-2 in his first two major hires as an AD. Mac will continue to get tons of rope (with which he may eventually hang himself). Yes, the Cyclones have been disappointing this year, but they continue to put butts in the seats. Everyone already knows the attendance story in CHA.

I think there is no question if Mac or Lick are gone in the next two years, he would be offered the job by Iowa or ISU. I believe the only question would be would he accept the job from either school?

I think Keno could do better (or already has) than Iowa (at the current state)

Yes but not with his own recruits. This is the first year he's ever played with anyone that he recruited as head coach. He is in a 4-way tie for 8th in the Big East 12-9 (4-5). The most impressive non-conference win was @George Washington and he lost some bad ones like home against Iona. The only Big East games he's won are @SJU, Rutgers, @DePaul, UCONN (impressive but remember UCONN has lost 6 of their last 8 games). Now to be fair this is a young team and they'll probably be better next year.

Not sure how great he'd be at Iowa where we have little talent on the team. Would he be a step up for us? Sure (which was probably your point), but I'm not convinced he's our best option (yet).

Last edited:

Latest posts