Starting 5 projection - Final

I like to think I have an eye for talent and spotted it in many players before others. Joe is something we haven't seen in a while and unless he gets stuck behind a very average guard without much of a jump shot and plays weak defense, I think he is a starter by mid-season. JUST my opinion no facts involved.

Well, ok..... I am gonna be PISSED if Patrick isn't fast tracked to playing time. He's one of highest rated recruits Fran has got. We need talent on the floor and that means star recruits. Fran just needs to play him, if he doesn't, he's an idiot because he's clearly ranked really high and Iowa needs that on the floor....but he's probably too dumb to recognize it or he just wants to get some of these older guys playing time even though they don't deserve it.

Well, ok..... I am gonna be PISSED if Patrick isn't fast tracked to playing time. He's one of highest rated recruits Fran has got. We need talent on the floor and that means star recruits. Fran just needs to play him, if he doesn't, he's an idiot because he's clearly ranked really high and Iowa needs that on the floor....but he's probably too dumb to recognize it or he just wants to get some of these older guys playing time even though they don't deserve it.
So you don’t agree that Patrick is a backup to the best player on the team and you don’t agree that Patrick has said he’s still not to the weight he would like to be?

I like to think I have an eye for talent and spotted it in many players before others. Joe is something we haven't seen in a while and unless he gets stuck behind a very average guard without much of a jump shot and plays weak defense, I think he is a starter by mid-season. JUST my opinion no facts involved.
If JBo plays, I think JoeT is probably an apprentice this year. However, JoeT is certainly the heir apparent at PG. This team is going to depend on a passing offense and shooting even more with Cook’s athleticism gone. For that reason, I see why Connor, whose biggest strength is passing, is penciled in as a starter by some. However, with his weaknesses, if others can’t pass him on the depth chart, I see this team as in trouble. Not because of Connor, but because of what that says about the weaknesses of the other guards if he plays in front of them.

If JBo plays, I’d actually like to see the seniors start and the freshmen apprentice this year. Iowa needs experienced hands at the helm to have a chance at a successful preseason this year. Connor’s best role going forward is as a safety value dependable ball handler. If not, then the other guards aren’t as good as we thought and Iowa’s in trouble.

So you don’t agree that Patrick is a backup to the best player on the team and you don’t agree that Patrick has said he’s still not to the weight he would like to be?

nope I just want him fast tracked cause of his recruiting ranks, sight unseen ....if he's not, I am gonna be upset at the coach.

and I feel like we do this every season Nike.... not that I mind it and I actually love discussing it with you. But don't we always do the "I say the guy who's been in the program for a while is going to play and you say the guy no ones ever seen play is gonna play" routine. I don't think either of us are ever proven "right" or anything, but I feel like it happens a lot this time of year. I think I was that way last season with Joe W....cause I had never seen him play. I wasn't sure he'd be the guy right off the bat and figured Fran would bring him along slowly and default to guys who had more experience. I was clearly wrong. Either way, I still like you on the basketball side. Can't wait for the new season.

Not to be a smart alec, but I guess I will be. If you were wrong last year about Joe W wouldn’t that make Nike right?

If JBo plays, I think JoeT is probably an apprentice this year. However, JoeT is certainly the heir apparent at PG. This team is going to depend on a passing offense and shooting even more with Cook’s athleticism gone. For that reason, I see why Connor, whose biggest strength is passing, is penciled in as a starter by some. However, with his weaknesses, if others can’t pass him on the depth chart, I see this team as in trouble. Not because of Connor, but because of what that says about the weaknesses of the other guards if he plays in front of them.

If JBo plays, I’d actually like to see the seniors start and the freshmen apprentice this year. Iowa needs experienced hands at the helm to have a chance at a successful preseason this year. Connor’s best role going forward is as a safety value dependable ball handler. If not, then the other guards aren’t as good as we thought and Iowa’s in trouble.

I'm hoping Evelyn will start at the point guard position. McCaffery is a part time player, and Evelyn appears to bring some attributes the team has been missing in past years. Toussaint probably needs experience.

Well it’s only the exhibition game, and we aren’t sure how much Jbo will play, but here is the starting lineup for tonight.

My post exhibition overreaction rotation. (As always subject to change).

I’ll assume Jbo can’t go this year. I’m still holding out hope that he does.

Joe T 20 / Cmac 16 / BE 4
CJF 25 / Joe W 10 / BE 5
Joe W 22 / Pmac 18
Nunge 26 / Pemsl 14
Garza 26 / Pemsl 14

I think eventually Joe T takes the starting PG spot from Connor, who can still be a quality piece off the bench.

Wieskamp 32
Garza 26
Nunge 26
CJF 25
Touissaint 20
Pmac 18
Cmac 16
Kriener 14
Pemsl 14
Evelyn 9

Latest posts