Stanzi has always been average at best

He can not make the throws that are needed to be made. Too soft too hard too high too low. Just too inconsistent all the way around. I hate to say it.

Give the kid a break.. It is his last game as a Hawk... He has been A GREAT Hawk in my opinion on and off the field... Really give it a rest...

If you mean average skill wise, I'd agree with you. However, from a leadership standpoint, he's as good as we've had in a long time.....probably since Matt Rodgers.

For those who continue to bash Stanzi I wish you would have to go do what he does on every game day. 100% of us can't.

Look at Rick's record while being a starter, look at his stats and lastly look at the person that this young man is! I'm tired of all the BS bashing of young men/kids that play a game. How many times have you bashers been to the U of I hospitals to give your time to kids in need like Ricky does?

Ricky will play on Sundays', even the best qb's throw picks from time to time.

the guy won three bowl games, start the list of college QBs that won three bowl games (fyi, no college QB has ever won four)

Stanzi is definitely better than average. In fact he is a very good college QB (this year anyways.).

It's a long shot but with the right coach and some hard work he has the body type and possibly the skills to be a decent pro. I wouldn't count on that but as I said. He is a good QB at this level.

I am so ready for the James Vanden Berg era to begin! Stanzi reminds me of Ken Dorsey. It's too bad James will not have near as good of recievers next year. He will have a good OL and the Coker and Coe show!

I am so ready for the James Vanden Berg era to begin! Stanzi reminds me of Ken Dorsey. It's too bad James will not have near as good of recievers next year. He will have a good OL and the Coker and Coe show!

You know the old saying......"Be careful what you wish for".....just sayin'

Stanzi did nothing to hurt his stock in this game unless you think Matt Millen was a good gm. He threw two picks yes, but managed the game, set the tone early and hit wide open receivers all game. If he is drafted after the third round I will be shocked.

Both INTs could have been contested which is the story of his career. McNutt really needs to become a DB on that play and was a fan on the first one.

The second was a nice break by the safety and a poor playcall to boot. Herman is going to be good, and will have an outstanding senior season but did not earn that kind of call in that situation and again did nothing to defend the pass.

Latest posts