Staff Change?

nwiahawks

Just talked to my brother-in-law who was involved with the football team this year that there is a team meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning announcing a member of the football staff is leaving.

Unfortunately, it is not Davis. He told me that Soup is leaving the program. Wasn't sure what he was doing or where he was going.

Just talked to my brother-in-law who was involved with the football team this year that there is a team meeting scheduled for tomorrow morning announcing a member of the football staff is leaving.

Unfortunately, it is not Davis. He told me that Soup is leaving the program. Wasn't sure what he was doing or where he was going.

After Miller wrote his article going after Campbell's coaching ability, I knew it was a matter of time--I just would like to know who gave Miller the info? Was it KF himself?

Meh, who needs a receivers coach in this Offensive? Ball is snapped, turn and look at QB, catch the ball, try to run up field for 4 or 5 yards. No complicated reads or routes to teach, here.

Plus, that's $ix figures to put towards the Corporal's $425,000 longevity incentive coming due on January 31st!

I thought there was a lot of talk that Reese Morgan would be retiring but it wouldn't surprise me if it was coach Campbell leaving he did a great job at Michigan

Damn phone cut the last part of my post off he did a great but Iowa never had the same level of talent at WR

Geez. Seems like everything is going to the crapper. When was the last good news we received regarding the program?

I was under the impression Campbell was one of the better WR coaches in the NCAA. Would Soup leaving be a sign of ship starting to sink?

What would you be basing that off of? WR has been a weak position since he got here.

It was week BEFORE he got here too. DJK and McNutt developed nicely under Campbell. Not sure about Davis (if it was him, JVB or the new offensive scheme.)?

Team meeting on a Saturday in mid-December? Sounds spot on. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, Campbell is a great WR coach and has developed record breaking contributors at that positions since joining staff.

WR's have dropped a ton of passes the last couple of years. I don't think he should be fired by any means but I'm not going to mourn this loss if he leaves. I think his reputation was far better than the actual results on the field. I mean, Iowa was inconsistant at receiver before he got here, while he was here, and likely will be after he's gone.

Team meeting on a Saturday in mid-December? Sounds spot on. I'll believe it when I see it. Also, Campbell is a great WR coach and has developed record breaking contributors at that positions since joining staff.

He's been here what, 5 or 6 years, and we have only had 2 decent WRs during that time. Outside of DJK and McNutt, who else is there? Andy Brodell maybe? I mean, look at all of the receivers we have that haven't done a thing. Keenan Davis, KMM, Shumpert, Saggs, until recently, Cotton was a no show...

I was wondering if Soup wasn't getting it and thus players were not where they should have been. Surely the players didn't stink THAT BAD. I didn't know...but I wondered whether the system wasn't being comprehended somewhere.

I'll speculate about this. This will be an opportunity for KF to have a come to Jesus meeting with the team....to deliver a strong message - - "Get on board or get out."

I had heard the same thing about Soup......I actually heard another name along with it as well. We will find out soon enough.

Latest posts