St Johns at Virginia on right now on ESPN......

I'm hoping our defensive intensity will hold us in good stead no matter where we play. The Cavs look beatable to me.

Iowa/UVA could be a good game. We should play much better D than St. John's. It's cliche, but based on Iowa's play this season it's going to come down to shooting. If we can avoid the scoring droughts that have plagued us, we'll win. If not, advantage UVA...and being a home game I think they would take it.

If we have another first half like the two to start this tourney we will be in trouble. I hate to say it, but until this team proves they can win on the road VA has the edge. As mush as we all want to see the Hawks play in MSG Wednesday might be the last Iowa Bball game of the year. With all that being said, there is no time like the present to exercise this season's demons and give a big middle finger to the "NCAA we have no clue because we are old and dumb comittee."

Gonzaga a #1, middle tenn, boise, the entire MWC, LOL, enough said

This will perhaps be the championship game. Too bad it's played on Virginia's home court 2 rounds early

This team needs to prove they can win a road game against a quality opponent.

Also might as well get used to playing there as we'll be doing it with regularity in the future.

Virginia had a freshman, who had scored 54 points on the year, go off from the three point line and score 13 today. Sounds like what usually happens to us. That said, Virginia is not a Big Ten team and would not have finished in the top half of our conference. If we've seen anything in this postseason, we've seen that the opposition outside of the conference has not been especially daunting to our teams so far. Should be a good game Wednesday and if we can shoot the ball like we did the last game, we should be OK.

If we have another first half like the two to start this tourney we will be in trouble. I hate to say it, but until this team proves they can win on the road VA has the edge. As mush as we all want to see the Hawks play in MSG Wednesday might be the last Iowa Bball game of the year. With all that being said, there is no time like the present to exercise this season's demons and give a big middle finger to the "NCAA we have no clue because we are old and dumb comittee."

Gonzaga a #1, middle tenn, boise, the entire MWC, LOL, enough said

I only saw the last 10 min of ST johns and UV but I see no reason the hawks cant win this game. UV has a good looking guard but didnt seem like they would athletically overwhelm the hawks. Marble is on a roll, and if we can get some decent shooting and points from role players and guys like gesell and may they can win.

I agree with you about the ncaa tourney committee. I think they are trying to repeat and "sell" the mid-major cinderella stories as a way to get viewers. It could be the upsets etc and cinderellas in the later rounds do bring in more viewers.

I don't feel good about this game at all...Really wish SJ's would have pulled it out. I think we're in trouble, hope I'm wrong...but the Hawks don't usually fare too well when they head out east.

I only saw the last 10 min of ST johns and UV but I see no reason the hawks cant win this game. UV has a good looking guard but didnt seem like they would athletically overwhelm the hawks. Marble is on a roll, and if we can get some decent shooting and points from role players and guys like gesell and may they can win.

I agree with you about the ncaa tourney committee. I think they are trying to repeat and "sell" the mid-major cinderella stories as a way to get viewers. It could be the upsets etc and cinderellas in the later rounds do bring in more viewers.

I can't disagree with that. I love to see true Cinderella stories...Florida Gulf Coast over Georgetown, Lehigh over Duke...I would tune in for those games all day long. But when people start to manufacture those stories, they all lose their luster. The "Cinderella" 12th seeded Oregon Ducks making a run to the Sweet 16 is just as much of a lie as the highly seeded and regarded MWC salespitch.

If Cinderella stories draw eyes then they need to be careful about protecting the value of those stories.

I hope Fran and Co. are ready.

I believe they really want this and are ready. We have learned slowly but surely how to hold a lead and close a game now.......

Our D has been exceptional at times and we can run like deer when the opportunity presents itself, not quite enough this season for Aaron to show his stuff.....

Mike G's injury limits his play and that might hurt. We must play almost turnover free and make most free throws, and we have a chance.....

Or else.....

:D

I can't disagree with that. I love to see true Cinderella stories...Florida Gulf Coast over Georgetown, Lehigh over Duke...I would tune in for those games all day long. But when people start to manufacture those stories, they all lose their luster. The "Cinderella" 12th seeded Oregon Ducks making a run to the Sweet 16 is just as much of a lie as the highly seeded and regarded MWC salespitch.

If Cinderella stories draw eyes then they need to be careful about protecting the value of those stories.
I agree. And a 12 seed is typically a Cinderella, but a 12 seed from a power conference is not. I hope the NCAA experiment with the mid-majors is done. If there was ever a year to invite eight BIG schools, it was this year.

Latest posts