St Johns at Virginia on right now on ESPN......

jacknicholson

Neither team looks like they can play with us......

I do believe it is MSG for the Hawks.....

They certainly don't look like Big Ten teams, extreme lack of intensity.....

They certainly don't look like Big Ten teams, extreme lack

St. John is a glorified AAU team. We've played our last game at carver for this season. We need to prove we can beat a solid team on the road anyways. Will only make us mentally stronger next yr.

They certainly don't look like Big Ten teams, extreme lack

St. John is a glorified AAU team. We've played our last game at carver for this season. We need to prove we can beat a solid team on the road anyways. Will only make us mentally stronger next yr.
1 at Virginia and 2 in MSG would go a long way in confidence boosting, no doubt.

Yup. The fan in me wants one more in Carver this season. But in the long run a hard-fought road win is what stands in this team's way. Unless they can climb that mountain, we'll continue to be an NIT quality team.

St Johns defense is doing a great job of making the virginny look like a great shooting team.

Don't forget, Virginia won all it's home games in conference this year. Playing there will NOT be easy.

Also, virginny is 19-1 at home this year. They must be an atrocious road team. Too bad their a 1 seed.

I'd prefer the home game. Go Johnny's.

Don't forget, Virginia won all it's home games in conference this year. Playing there will NOT be easy.

EXACTLY! There is a season's worth of evidence that the Hawks will struggle against ANY relatively peer team, which Virginia certainly is (if not slightly better) on their home court. The Hawks are playing well right now but they are 0-fer in this category.

Go St Johns. I fear the roadie at VA will be Iowa's last game of the year and, par for this season's course, they will come up just short of the goal.

Nothing to be ashamed about but hoping the seasoning of 2012-2013, + the off season, will prepare this team to get over this hump for a very special 2013-2014.

Virginia has too much defense and too much discipline and now lead by 11 at halftime.

Looks like I'll be taking the 2 hour drive to Charlottesville on Wednesday night, decked out in my Black and Gold, to watch the Hawkeyes beat down an ACC team in ACC country!

Hawks have played well at some tough venues this year, but if they are looking to make the most out of being in the NIT beating a team in Virginia that hasn't lost a home game all year is a huge step in the right direction for next season.

A tough road win is exactly what we need. I don't want to go to MSG after winning 3 straight home games. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but simply not the best scenario for this team. We hav gotten a bit fat off of home cooking. Unless we can beat a good team on the road, we will never get to the NCAA nor challenge for the BIG title. Not being a Debbie downer. Just looking out for what I think is best for next yr.

Virginia has too much defense and too much discipline and now lead by 11 at halftime.

Looks like I'll be taking the 2 hour drive to Charlottesville on Wednesday night, decked out in my Black and Gold, to watch the Hawkeyes beat down an ACC team in ACC country!

Represent, Glidinghawk, Represent to the gills.....

tastebuds-project-md.jpg

:D

Latest posts