Sports Illustrated All Decade Team

I'm not sure what the logic would be in calling 2000 a part of the 90's...just like you can't consider 1990 a part of the 80's. It might not match up perfectly with how you want to count to count it, but it's makes the most sense IMO.

Kaeding over Nugent was the first to jump out at me. Didn't they graduate at the same time? Both Lou Groza award winners......maybe just my Iowa bias showing.

technically yes that is 10 years, but the year 2000 is technically still part of the 90's
91=year 1
92=year2
93=year 3
94=year 4
95=year 5
96=year 6
97= year 7
98= year 8
99= year 9 (At the end of this year I have only gone through 9 years)

If I started at 1990 then you have to count the year 0 as the very first year I personally do not start counting with 0 I start counting with 1.

No offense intended, but Hawkfan is right, and 2000 is not technically part of the nineties. This decade ends on the 31st of this month.

2000 is part of this decade, but hutchinsons career ending in 2000 does not qualify him as part of this decade, IMO ... 97,98,99 make him part of the 90s

I could draw a line through AJ Hawk and put in Chad Greenway. As a Packer fan I watch Hawk a lot and think he is very average. Greenway was/is better.

technically yes that is 10 years, but the year 2000 is technically still part of the 90's
91=year 1
92=year2
93=year 3
94=year 4
95=year 5
96=year 6
97= year 7
98= year 8

If I started at 1990 then you have to count the year 0 as the very first year I personally do not start counting with 0 I start counting with 1.

So your logic is that because you can't "count it out" the way you want, the decade should be that way? Amazing. The fact that you think 2000 is part of the nineties should raise a red flag to yourself.

91=year 1
92=year2
93=year 3
94=year 4
95=year 5
96=year 6
97= year 7
98= year 8

You may not start with 0 but our counting system does. Therefore any year ending in 0 starts a new decade.

Bob Sanders is awesome but over Ed Reed and Eric Berry? I think the got it right

Agreed!

Yeah much better than Nugent...although Nugent was pretty damn good in college

In college? I'd say a push

I was thinking the same thing. You should have played at least 2 years in this decade for it to count

I'm guessing you had never heard of Berry until this year's Todd McShay "top 10"...Sanders, Gallery and Kaeding all deserved a spot on this list.

I cannot believe that Seneca Wallace isn't the quarterback. He had that one great run -- he is better than Tebow or Young. :D

Latest posts