Sporting News National POY goes to????

I honestly don't think Luka is going to the NBA - at least this season. He's not even in top 100's even at this point. I think I've only seen him on 1 potential draft prospect list. His limited athletic ability is actually playing into our favor for a change. If he does go, I wish him the best, I just don't think it's even reasonably an expectation we should keep throwing out. Maybe not? I dunno. I don't particularly know much about the next level other then what I get from you guys or what I read on those NBA draft prospect dealies that I google. IMO, if Nikola Jokić can start and play for an NBA team and have the success he has, so can Luka, but that's just my wildly untrained eye ball test.

If that's what you think ok.

I've seen this before. There is no way they are going to let fans and the internet or text messaging have a huge impact who is selected. There was discussion on the radio once and they said the fans input is only has a very small effect on the results. This just to let the fans think they are a part of the process.

I've seen this before. There is no way they are going to let fans and the internet or text messaging have a huge impact who is selected. There was discussion on the radio once and they said the fans input is only has a very small effect on the results. This just to let the fans think they are a part of the process.

Ok I wont bother voting then. Waste of my time.

NPOY should be Garza and it shouldn't be close. Toppin is a great player who puts on a show but his stats fall short of Garza's and does not play the competition Garza does. Garza put up his numbers in the toughest conference in america against both good and bad competition and has 15 in a row scoring 20 plus. Nobody has been more consistent. If Garza were playing for Michigan State or Maryland the discussion would be over. Brad Banks and Chuck Long came in 2nd on national POY awards. Garza deserves this and I hope a Hawkeye finally breaks through.

Just telling you what I heard on radio sports talk. Seriously, are you that naive to think they are going to allow the fan's input to be the major decider of the POY award?

I didn't say a the deciding factor. If its anything other than a 50/50 it shouldn't even have a fan consideration. Naïve. Lol Nope just a fan that doesn't discourage fans from voting. Doesn't matter what I think anyway. Glad I won't be voting.

I honestly don't think Luka is going to the NBA - at least this season. He's not even in top 100's even at this point. I think I've only seen him on 1 potential draft prospect list. His limited athletic ability is actually playing into our favor for a change. If he does go, I wish him the best, I just don't think it's even reasonably an expectation we should keep throwing out. Maybe not? I dunno. I don't particularly know much about the next level other then what I get from you guys or what I read on those NBA draft prospect dealies that I google. IMO, if Nikola Jokić can start and play for an NBA team and have the success he has, so can Luka, but that's just my wildly untrained eye ball test.
Jokic is already considered one of the best passing centers in the history of the NBA.

I didn't say a the deciding factor. If its anything other than a 50/50 it shouldn't even have a fan consideration. Naïve. Lol Nope just a fan that doesn't discourage fans from voting. Doesn't matter what I think anyway. Glad I won't be voting.

I'll give you that you didn't explicitly state that it was going to be the deciding factor, but our debate infers you think it may while I am saying most likely not from what I've heard. That's all I'm saying. I didn't state I wouldn't vote, I'm just saying I've heard that fan voting accounts for a small % of the result. No need to go all junior high attitude on this.

Sorry to get your panties in a bind over this.

NPOY should be Garza and it shouldn't be close. Toppin is a great player who puts on a show but his stats fall short of Garza's and does not play the competition Garza does. Garza put up his numbers in the toughest conference in america against both good and bad competition and has 15 in a row scoring 20 plus. Nobody has been more consistent. If Garza were playing for Michigan State or Maryland the discussion would be over. Brad Banks and Chuck Long came in 2nd on national POY awards. Garza deserves this and I hope a Hawkeye finally breaks through.

Garza’s defensive metrics are not very good and some of the national guys are holding that against him.

I'll give you that you didn't explicitly state that it was going to be the deciding factor, but our debate infers you think it may while I am saying most likely not from what I've heard. That's all I'm saying. I didn't state I wouldn't vote, I'm just saying I've heard that fan voting accounts for a small % of the result. No need to go all junior high attitude on this.

Sorry to get your panties in a bind over this.

Enough of the smart ass sayings. You've used naïve and now jr. high attitude. Can't have a conversation without belittling someone? Just so you know I don't really like to go back and forth. I find it pointless. Take it from this old tired and worn out ancient person it's just not worth it to me to keep arguing. By the way ( panties in a bind ) sounds kind of excuse me for saying this...…...from Jr. High.

Enough of the smart ass sayings. You've used naïve and now jr. high attitude. Can't have a conversation without belittling someone? Just so you know I don't really like to go back and forth. I find it pointless. Take it from this old tired and worn out ancient person it's just not worth it to me to keep arguing. By the way ( panties in a bind ) sounds kind of excuse me for saying this...…...from Jr. High.

Peace? We are usually on the same rail on a lot of topics and subjects. Sorry to venture off the rail a bit yesterday!

Latest posts