Sporting News National POY goes to????

I honestly don't think Luka is going to the NBA - at least this season. He's not even in top 100's even at this point. I think I've only seen him on 1 potential draft prospect list. His limited athletic ability is actually playing into our favor for a change. If he does go, I wish him the best, I just don't think it's even reasonably an expectation we should keep throwing out. Maybe not? I dunno. I don't particularly know much about the next level other then what I get from you guys or what I read on those NBA draft prospect dealies that I google. IMO, if Nikola Jokić can start and play for an NBA team and have the success he has, so can Luka, but that's just my wildly untrained eye ball test.
That's kinda my hope for him as well. Garza isn't quite the passer or have the court vision that Jokic does (but to be fair hardly anybody does he's a great player) My hope like everyone elses is that Garza comes back for his senior year. I think that'd be one special magic carpet ride. But I won't be surprised if he chose to try the NBA and if that doesn't work maybe go over seas. He'd for sure do well over there.

That's kinda my hope for him as well. Garza isn't quite the passer or have the court vision that Jokic does (but to be fair hardly anybody does he's a great player) My hope like everyone elses is that Garza comes back for his senior year. I think that'd be one special magic carpet ride. But I won't be surprised if he chose to try the NBA and if that doesn't work maybe go over seas. He'd for sure do well over there.
I've seen Luka make multiple bullet passes from one side of the court to the other. He just did it this last game. I don't think his passing is going to hurt his draft stock. The only things hurting him are his free throw shooting and athleticism.

I've seen Luka make multiple bullet passes from one side of the court to the other. He just did it this last game. I don't think his passing is going to hurt his draft stock. The only things hurting him are his free throw shooting and athleticism.
Yeah Garza is a willing/capable passer for sure. He just isn't asked to be a 'playmaker' to that extent like Jokic is a lot of times. But again comparing those two isn't exactly fair. And yeah if he was shooting FTs like he was prior to this yr closer to 75-80% holy smokes that alone would make a huge difference. I'm not sure to what extent his athleticism will hold him back. I mean if you watch tape on him from his freshman yr till now he's improved immeasurably. He's really changed his body even. So maybe he'd be able to make a run at the NBA. I'm not betting against the guy that's all I know.

Latest posts