Spencer Petras

A couple of thoughts. Stats can provide an incomplete picture. Milton has been... a QB who has been pulled because he can't win games.

He started poorly and had an excellent game. 3 TDs (four total previously), no INTs. He was a big part of the win today. I STILL agree with people that there should be an open competition for QB in the spring, but one can kinda see what the coaches were thinking today, right? 35 unanswered points, bitches. He may or may not be the guy of the future, but he played very well today. 5 wins in a row in conference isn't a walk in the park.

I have a feeling that we saw the Petras in the second half that the coaches see everyday at practice.
I think he looked the best when the offense was moving with a quicker tempo.

His accuracy the first quarter was beyond bad. A blind guy could have come closer to the receivers. Then, like a switch went off, he was real good the rest of the game. Dude is a serious Dow Joneser

When Petras has too much time to think, he aims instead of throws. He always aims on those sideline out routes, and rarely completes them, unless it's to the other team. Bri should NEVER CALL THAT FKN PLAY. EVER. Petras also locks down on one guy pretty hard. No improvisation. If the the play doesn't develop like he assumed it would, forget it, it's a wasted down. He has some nice throws occasionally but his inconsistency is a killer.

When Petras has too much time to think, he aims instead of throws. He always aims on those sideline out routes, and rarely completes them, unless it's to the other team. Bri should NEVER CALL THAT FKN PLAY. EVER. Petras also locks down on one guy pretty hard. No improvisation. If the the play doesn't develop like he assumed it would, forget it, it's a wasted down. He has some nice throws occasionally but his inconsistency is a killer.
Did you watch the game today? I must have seen a different Petras than you, if you did.

He was 18-28 and if you take away the three throw-aways at the end of the first half, he was 18-25, 72%. And he wasn't just completing passes for the most part, he was on target. No interceptions and not even any that were dropped by the DB's. This was easily his best game. I will take this Petras every game.

This is a total offensive failure.
Can’t block.
Cant run.
Can’t pass
No scheme.
Who’s responsible for the offense ?

This is a total offensive failure.
Can’t block.
Cant run.
Can’t pass
No scheme.
Who’s responsible for the offense ?
Yeah. SMH. I'd love to just blame the QB, but this is unfortunately much worse, as you noted. There is no offense with this offense. Even if we have a great QB magically, we still have a poor O line, minimal WR room, and a dumbed down offense that is super easy to defend.

Let's just say I would love to see a quick turnaround, but I'm not going to put a lot of emotion into this year's team until proven otherwise. Fall is lovely for mtn biking and hiking.