Spencer Is Officially Toast

Fryowa

Administrator
Look into his eyes during the presser. He’s done.

Doneski.

The dude is on the verge of tears the whole time. He’s done. Win, lose, or draw, he’s a goner. You have to have more intestinal fortitude than that.

The time is now. Let him ride it out on the bench. When you’re that rattled you’re not going to help the team. Good guy. Loved by his teammates, but not an NCAA quarterback.

p.s. Don’t comment if you haven’t watched the presser.

Done or not I saw a gutsy qb on the field. For about a quarter and a half he was fixated on the rush. Made some great throws and bad ones. I don't know why he would want to put himself out there. The line just isn't athletic

I feel for the kid. He's incredibly limited but he's saying what he's been told to say.

He is done. And gonna be abused in 2 weeks.

Oline is below avg, but few olines can block constant 8+ man boxes and constant run/pass blitzes. We don't test defenses deep, even just to give it a shot, ever. Never back shoulder, never quick deep sideline. You can just crash every time.

Shit, they even had the snap count timed.

I do want Petras starting against Ohio State, that’s a very tough place to bring in a new QB.
It'll be tough for a jittery 3 year starter with limited spacial awareness and an OC that doesn't have the knowledge to help him.

We're gonna get boatraced.

The defense will put up fight early, but get worn down after 8, 3 and outs and eventually break.

Look into his eyes during the presser. He’s done.

Doneski.

The dude is on the verge of tears the whole time. He’s done. Win, lose, or draw, he’s a goner. You have to have more intestinal fortitude than that.

The time is now. Let him ride it out on the bench. When you’re that rattled you’re not going to help the team. Good guy. Loved by his teammates, but not an NCAA quarterback.

p.s. Don’t comment if you haven’t watched the presser.
yes he is mentally done. But can’t blame the shitty play just on him. The OL is by far the worst OL in school history. They get manhandled every play and can’t block for crap.

yes he is mentally done. But can’t blame the shitty play just on him. The OL is by far the worst OL in school history. They get manhandled every play and can’t block for crap.
Doesn’t matter what it is, he’s broken. Keeping him at QB is no different than a fugitive in a high speed chase running on bare rims after getting hit with spike strips.

Petras is the bare rim. Leaving him in will just grind the rim down to the bare center dish, then the bare rotor, and when the rotor shatters you’re down to the spindle and finally the car is completely immobile. Which is exactly what KF will allow BF to do.

It'll be tough for a jittery 3 year starter with limited spacial awareness and an OC that doesn't have the knowledge to help him.

We're gonna get boatraced.

The defense will put up fight early, but get worn down after 8, 3 and outs and eventually break.
We should punt on first down

Feel bad for the dude. Good guy. I'm not gonna mudsling at him. His coaches are letting the whole team down by not making some major adjustments, like team-wide functional adjustments. Jeez.
Agree.
This is not on Petras.
OL can’t pass block.
OL can’t run block.
Receivers can’t catch.
Brian is incompetent as an OC.
This is a program failure in recruiting and development.

Feel bad for the dude. Good guy. I'm not gonna mudsling at him. His coaches are letting the whole team down by not making some major adjustments, like team-wide functional adjustments. Jeez.
100%.

But at this point if I’m his parents I have a serious sit down with him. If it’s me I’m saying, “Hey you tried your ass off and also didn’t get the help you needed on the field (OL). We don’t want to see your mental health keep degrading…maybe it’s time to move on. Maybe there’s a D-2 school in Cali you can take your grad classes at and play ball.”

100%.

But at this point if I’m his parents I have a serious sit down with him. If it’s me I’m saying, “Hey you tried your ass off and also didn’t get the help you needed on the field (OL). We don’t want to see your mental health keep degrading…maybe it’s time to move on. Maybe there’s a D-2 school in Cali you can take your grad classes at and play ball.”
This is the correct answer. At some point Petras' own health has to become a question. Physically and mentally.

People who say it doesn't matter who is at qb are crazy. It's the most important position on their field. Of course it matters. How many times have we watched a sack when a simple step forward one step would have avoided the rush?

You can't have a qb who is that inaccurate, who has no pocket presence and no accuracy. If we had a qb who was decent at any one of those three things we would have one loss and be heavy favorites to win the West. We don't need a stud qb. We need one who isn't terrible at all three phases of the position.

Latest posts