South Park Goes Off on Penn State

I watched that episode last night, and as a fan of south park I'm never really surprised at what they dish out. But last night I was surprised at some of the Penn St jokes. Still funny tho, but I could tell that many people would say it's poor taste and very low. But hey that's south park. They've been doing that for years.

Caar, you making a joke on a message board is far different than a pop culture factory like South Park doing it My post was not to get jokes or a laugh. Rather to point out where this is going in the mainstream.

JD, the probelm is "pop culture" is nothing more than an extention of the populace. We as a society don't take cues from pop culture, it's the other way around, it represents a collective consciousness of the people. People mocking Penn State about the scandal was happening far before South Park ran that episode last night. I got this text message slide show last week...

========

163519_o.gif

COME TO STATE PENN!!!!

imagejpeg952.jpg

Giddy? Hardly. I don't think it's funny at all. Jokes made off of the suffering of children are not funny to me

The greater discussion as to what is going to happen to PSU and their FB program is what this relates to. It may also have a direct impact on forthcoming civil suits

In light of the "joke" embedded in JD's first post, t-hawk's repeated rants against PSU, Vintage's and many other posters' g-bombs hurled at McQueary, I hereby move that MeanDrunkR2D2 be reinstated to this board immediately. Do I have a second?

In light of the "joke" embedded in JD's first post, t-hawk's repeated rants against PSU, Vintage's and many other posters' g-bombs hurled at McQueary, I hereby move that MeanDrunkR2D2 be reinstated to this board immediately. Do I have a second?

I'll second the motion!

OHN.

I second the motion.

Emphatic 2nd. Assuming I have heard the whole story about what he did wrong.

I can see why some are having issues seeing the differences in me saying not to make jokes about Penn State on the site last week, and posting an example from popular culture that shows just how big of a problem Penn State has on their hands.

My nine year old struggles to see the difference in things like this from time to time, so I should not have higher expectations for some on this forum ;)

I can see why some are having issues seeing the differences in me saying not to make jokes about Penn State on the site last week, and posting an example from popular culture that shows just how big of a problem Penn State has on their hands.

My nine year old struggles to see the difference in things like this from time to time, so I should not have higher expectations for some on this forum ;)

I guess I read MD's post last week as a clarification of what was not tolerable. And even if it were intended as a joke, I would say I have seen at least 100x worse this week, not to mention the racially charged g-bomb jokes aimed at McQueary. But for future reference, if I were to embed a joke in an observational manner such as I heard a joke that said "X" and this demonstrates PSU is going to have a big fallout, would the posting of a joke about this completely unfunny matter be okay then? Irregardless, it's your board, JD, and I ain't gonna tell you how to run it, but if you ban MD, I think you should uniformly enforce the rule and ban everybody else who has gone off on PSU in the past week, too, but then I fear your board would be down to about 20 dudes.

I guess I read MD's post last week as a clarification of what was not tolerable. And even if it were intended as a joke, I would say I have seen at least 100x worse this week, not to mention the racially charged g-bomb jokes aimed at McQueary. But for future reference, if I were to embed a joke in an observational manner such as I heard a joke that said "X" and this demonstrates PSU is going to have a big fallout, would the posting of a joke about this completely unfunny matter be okay then? Irregardless, it's your board, JD, and I ain't gonna tell you how to run it, but if you ban MD, I think you should uniformly enforce the rule and ban everybody else who has gone off on PSU in the past week, too, but then I fear your board would be down to about 20 dudes.

The MD banning was not solely based off last week's post. Last week after MD emailed me, I asked him to follow up with me this week related to the banning, and that I would reconsider it. He has, and I have.

The MD banning was not solely based off last week's post. Last week after MD emailed me, I asked him to follow up with me this week related to the banning, and that I would reconsider it. He has, and I have.

A'ight. A pleasant byproduct has been a marked reduction in derp pictures, so I do commend you.

I for one find it strange that most people do not see any issue using this word when referring to red headed people. I do not see it being any different than another word comprised of the same letters that some dolts use in reference to black folks. :confused:

As it relates to 'ginger', I guess its not something I am all that familiar with aside from South Park references, and maybe there was a thread on this site discussing it last year...cannot recall. Is that a term that is universally seen as derisive and hateful? Guess I just dont know as I have never heard anyone I know use the term in speech.

I for one find it strange that most people do not see any issue using this word when referring to red headed people. I do not see it being any different than another word comprised of the same letters that some dolts use in reference to black folks. :confused:

Comparing ****** to ginger is pretty silly.

Definitely not hateful. I have a red-headed friend, we always refer to him as a ginger. Some people are too sensitive.

Latest posts