Soup is gone....

I think kids want to win AND have a good chance at the NFL. I'm not sure we're going to have much success in either category for next few seasons.

So our WR coach with many years of experiance is moving on. With all his expertise at his job he couldn't successfully teach our players this system and we are now moving BF to Wr Coach ? A guy who was never played or coached WR.Yeah makes sense to me.

No_Soup_For_You_Wide.png

GD wants to bring in his receivers coach from Texas.

If so, that would be great since they would be on the same page. As a few brought up and Howe suggested, maybe David Raih is going to get promoted and but then again which position does he take over? Why tell recruits that Brian is no longer the o-line coach and he is over WRs? The move doesn't make much sense and so many questions left unanswered. Hopefully Ferentz will either hold a press conference or release an annoucement or something.

This is just KF's Master Plan. BF to WR's Reese back to OL Lavarr to DL and Ray Lewis to LBs.

They then bring in Bob Sanders as a "Graduate assistant" or some "Video technician" job and he helps out with the Safetys.

Those of you who think B. Ferentz shouldn't be WR coach because he played O-Line in college are clueless. A coach is able to coach (it IS his job, ya know) a different position from what he played. Unless you think that Kurt was an OL back in the day..

Those of you who think B. Ferentz shouldn't be WR coach because he played O-Line in college are clueless. A coach is able to coach (it IS his job, ya know) a different position from what he played. Unless you think that Kurt was an OL back in the day..
Playing linebacker and coaching oline is not that big of leap. Linebackers are usually being blocked by lineman all game easy to see the connection there. Having a lineman coach a skill position is pretty unusual. Skill position coaches are almost always guys who played a skill position themselves

B. Ferentz coaching WR is a good move.

Promoting a grad assistant to coach OL or DL is a bad bad bad move. Those are the two most important position coaches on the team....especially at Iowa. The wrong coach can have a very bad outcome (i.e. Coach Kaz).

B. Ferentz coaching WR is a good move.

Promoting a grad assistant to coach OL or DL is a bad bad bad move. Those are the two most important position coaches on the team....especially at Iowa. The wrong coach can have a very bad outcome (i.e. Coach Kaz).

Why is this a good move? Because B. Ferentz coached TEs at New England? Who is going to replace him at OL? If Morgan moves back to OL, who will replace HIM at DL?

I don't see this as a good move. I see it as a typical Ferentz BAU move. Nothing more.

Latest posts