Soup is gone....

If so, that would be great since they would be on the same page. As a few brought up and Howe suggested, maybe David Raih is going to get promoted and but then again which position does he take over? Why tell recruits that Brian is no longer the o-line coach and he is over WRs? The move doesn't make much sense and so many questions left unanswered. Hopefully Ferentz will either hold a press conference or release an annoucement or something.

Yes, becasue historically Ferentz has made it a priority to see that the fans and media are kept in the loop when any such changes occur.

I didn't make a prediction, idiot, I sited historical fact that absolutely occurred. Follow the boucing ball, buggsey....6 losses...then 7 losses...then 8 losses........

More name calling... nice. I'm glad I checked the board tonight so you could explain trends to the world. We might have missed this fact.

Just go on the record. That's all I am asking and you seem to have a problem with it. Are you back-tracking?

More name calling... nice. I'm glad I checked the board tonight so you could explain trends to the world. We might have missed this fact.

Just go on the record. That's all I am asking and you seem to have a problem with it. Are you back-tracking?

You really are "Special."

I'm fine. I just want to check to make sure people stand behind their posts. I'll stand behind mine and eat crow. I have and will be wrong --- maybe on this. I like the changes but understand that not only do you have to make changes but give them time to play out.

We can all agree the current results are not good. I see improvement in the future, others do not. It's that simple.

Let me try to help you. You have a team that..............

1. Gets blown out twice when ferentz teams historically never get blown out.

2. You get beat by a middle of the pac MAC team at home!

3. You get beat by three bad teams in ISU, Indiana and Purdue.

4. After this happened, you have a coach who says he is comfortable with everything and will make no major changes.

Yeah, it's totally rational to believe this team will win more than six games next year with the schedule being tougher.

Good grief, man.

FreedComanche

Let me try to help you. You have a team that..............

1. Gets blown out twice when ferentz teams historically never get blown out.

2. You get beat by a middle of the pac MAC team at home!

3. You get beat by three bad teams in ISU, Indiana and Purdue.

4. After this happened, you have a coach who says he is comfortable with everything and will make no major changes.

Yeah, it's totally rational to believe this team will win more than six games next year with the schedule being tougher.

Good grief, man.

FreedComanche

Did I make a prediction on how many wins next year would bring? All I said paraphrasing is that I thought changes were needed, liked the changes and want to give them some time to play out because I suspect they will be good and the results will come. I did not predict next year's win total.

I am not concerned with the number of wins. What I am concerned about is the following....

1. Put the best 22 football players on the field
2. Hold players accountable in terms of playing time - performance matters again
3. Play the biggest, nastiest, most physical offensive line possible
4. Run the football at least 60% using multiple running backs (not wearing out one guy by game 5)
5. Find the best QB who is an accurate passer, has mobility in and out of the pocket (not necessarily a running QB), is tough and a winner that teammates respect
6. Stop giving up big plays on defense
7. Play either a nickel or dime on obvious passing downs (no more LB's covering WR's in passing situations)
8. Create a wingback position to get Canzeri or Bullock on the field at the same time as hammer RB's like Weisman - run jet sweeps or quick passes to them on occasion
9. Throw down the middle of field if the safeties cheat-up on occasion

To sum up... I want to see an improvement in the quality of play. If that happens the wins will come at some point. Might be next year or the following but they will come.

I'm fine. I just want to check to make sure people stand behind their posts. I'll stand behind mine and eat crow. I have and will be wrong --- maybe on this. I like the changes but understand that not only do you have to make changes but give them time to play out.

We can all agree the current results are not good. I see improvement in the future, others do not. It's that simple.

There has been nothing that shows improvement. You may want to believe that in your head but thats it.

Dont let the negative d0uches wear on ya. They were unhappy in 2008, and 2009 because that kept KF around, so they really want to rub this in now......they would rather end up being right in their mind about KF sucking, than have a successful season. Their schtick will continue all next year, and then probably the following year as well.

They sound like republicans with Obama in office. Wait, sorry wrong forum.

BTW u guyz all dum. No credible evidence BF is going to coach receivers yet u arguing like a bunch of old women. Dude cld have meang BF is going to be the coach recruiting him from now on.

BTW u guyz all dum. No credible evidence BF is going to coach receivers yet u arguing like a bunch of old women. Dude cld have meang BF is going to be the coach recruiting him from now on.

This is correct...all of this over a tweet. Bunch of jags on here sometimes

Fine... just want people to be on record. You don't support KF and that's your right. I'll remember that when we're celebrating again.

I want to be on record that this train will never get on track again. I don't mean that they won't go to a bowl again but I think 10 wins under KF will never happen again. Please no excuses as to why this is soo tough at Iowa.

I want to be on record that this train will never get on track again. I don't mean that they won't go to a bowl again but I think 10 wins under KF will never happen again. Please no excuses as to why this is soo tough at Iowa.

I respect your opinion. You may be right on the money - we'll find out.

What are your keys to showing improvement? What do you have to see and put it down.

Wins

More talent coming in

A different game plan when the last one didnt show any signs of working

Learning that you only get 11 players after every timeout.

Any sign of a 2 min drill.

Having anykind of a play maker on the team.

Being able to use a play maker.

Not punting when inside the 40

Be able to have a group of players over the next 14 years who can field an onside kick.

Understanding what a fake punt is.

Understanding why its called a "hurry" up offense

Being able to get one of your five plays in before the play clock runs out.

Being able to find a clock in a stadium.

Not kicking field goals when down by 21.

Three straight years of failure

Third downs(enough said)

Now lets hear your list of whats improving.

Where in the hell did people come up with this laughable notion that B Ferentz is such a great recruiter? It is just insane how some of this crap gets started and then taken at face value.

Wins

More talent coming in

A different game plan when the last one didnt show any signs of working

Learning that you only get 11 players after every timeout.

Any sign of a 2 min drill.

Having anykind of a play maker on the team.

Being able to use a play maker.

Not punting when inside the 40

Be able to have a group of players over the next 14 years who can field an onside kick.

Understanding what a fake punt is.

Understanding why its called a "hurry" up offense

Being able to get one of your five plays in before the play clock runs out.

Being able to find a clock in a stadium.

Not kicking field goals when down by 21.

Three straight years of failure

Third downs(enough said)

Now lets hear your list of whats improving.

Fair enough.... I'm re-stating a list of items I want to see but bottom line as I said before it's about quality-of-play. When we are good, we have good talent and we play good football. Even with some of the issues you have stated we have found ways to win and win big at times. The upper-class talent is depleted in both numbers and quality right now. I happen to think the lower classes may contain some players (this year's soph and younger). Can KF scrap the 'loyalty' clause and play the best 22 regardless of graduating class? I'm not sure he can but eventually with another graduation these younger classes will be on the field.

Here's some items I believe in.....

1. Put the best 22 football players on the field (find ways to get best athletes on the field)
2. Hold players accountable in terms of playing time - performance matters again
3. Play the biggest, nastiest, most physical offensive line possible
4. Run the football at least 60% using multiple running backs (not wearing out one guy by game 5)
5. Find the best QB who is an accurate passer, has mobility in and out of the pocket (not necessarily a running QB), is tough and a winner that teammates respect
6. Stop giving up big plays on defense
7. Play either a nickel or dime on obvious passing downs (no more LB's covering WR's in passing situations)
8. Create a wingback position to get Canzeri or Bullock on the field at the same time as hammer RB's like Weisman - run jet sweeps or quick passes to them on occasion
9. Throw down the middle of field if the safeties cheat-up on occasion

Your list is good and I could agree. No doubt there have been a variety of issues. Maybe too many to overcome but the situation is what it is so we all have to decide if you are in or if you are out?

I thought the way many did in 2006 & 2007. I was ready to stick-a-fork in the program as I thought it was dead. Along came 2008 and one of the best seasons I can remember in a long time in 2009. How many saw this coming in 2006 & 2007?

Are we on the door step of another 2008 in 2012? I don't believe we are but I suspect 2014 could be the start of an up-tick. We'll find out. Some subtle changes have been made and continue to be made. I am OK with seeing how these changes play out.

If not, a point will come to cut ties and move on.

Latest posts