Sounds like some bad news on the OL depth front.

Mesaclone

Banned
Have heard that Koeppel had an accident...if so, that's tragic for the kid. Hope he's doing well...and is back playing very soon.

Also, it seems that Hundertmark has left the team...is this confirmed.

Cumulatively, this is troubling news for the OL.

Keoppel will be fine. He won't be needed in game 1 so that will be a little extra time to recover. It is bad news about Cody though. I thought he'd find his way onto the field some this year.

Does anyone know why he left...perhaps its something he'll overcome and return to the team. Hate to see anyone toss aside a scholarship and a great opportunity.

Koeppel will be fine. They even used the term "fine" twice in the write-up of the accident. Hundtermark was a real surprise when he left. Not sure what the reason is, but I wish him good luck.

"Fine" in the lifesaving, medical emergency sense is one thing.

"Fine" in the sense of being anywhere near ready to play Divison 1 football, is quite another.

I'm quite relieved that he is "fine" in the medical sense...that's tremendously good news. My concern now devolves to whether or not he'll be able to play in the next few weeks.

I am faaaar more concerned with the Gettis injury. JK will be fine and him and James had battled all fall pretty evenly so we should no impact at center.

I am faaaar more concerned with the Gettis injury. JK will be fine and him and James had battled all fall pretty evenly so we should no impact at center.

Which hasn't been confirmed either. It could be legit, or it could be Drew Tate's broken leg. Judging by the amount of talk about it on twitter, I'd go with the latter.

Speaking of unconfirmed, the same can be said for Cody.

Man I wish they would just shut down the boards until after Ferentz's press conference tomorrow. Mesaclone is already jumping on his opportunity to bring some negativity to the news front. Thanks for being respectful about it, even though I know deep down you're probably satisfied.

CH leaving the team is nothing but a rumor at this point; don't believe it until something credible comes out. As far as Koeppel goes... up to this point he has remained dead even with Ferentz. If they were even going into game 1 you would think Coach Ferentz would elect to start the younger guy just for the sake of the future. Plus if you watched the Hawks Big Ten Network preview those guys said Ferentz played more aggressively and looked like the better lineman of the two. He was and still is going to be the starter.

Until we get further information regarding Koeppel's injuries and CH's status with the team let's not jump to conclusions about depth issues. By the way, I work in healthcare and Emergency crews saying Koeppel was fine is a good sign... does that mean he's not banged up? No, it's certainly possible he suffered injuries that could keep him out of a couple games but they probably wouldn't have said he was fine if he had anything equal to or greater than a broken bone. I never read any articles about it, I'm just going by what you guys said were their remarks. The only comment I saw was that they said his injuries were not life-threatening (obviously that could mean anything).

Which hasn't been confirmed either. It could be legit, or it could be Drew Tate's broken leg. Judging by the amount of talk about it on twitter, I'd go with the latter.

Speaking of unconfirmed, the same can be said for Cody.

^^This^^

I haven't seen jack **** about the Gettis injury after it was "reported" on the pay boards on HR.

Thanks for being respectful about it, even though I know deep down you're probably satisfied.
You couldn't be more wrong. I cheer for the Hawks every weekend but one...and I absolutely would never be happy to see a kid hurt or leaving school..any school. So that was somewhat uncalled for...I want Iowa's OL to be as strong as possible and if the Hawks have an awesome year...I'll be damn near as excited as anyone on the board.

"Fine" in the sense of being anywhere near ready to play Divison 1 football, is quite another.

I'm quite relieved that he is "fine" in the medical sense...that's tremendously good news. My concern now devolves to whether or not he'll be able to play in the next few weeks.

It's pretty apparent you are hoping he is injured enough not to be available for ISU. classy.

It's ok. My 30 year old, nonathletic body could walk on in his place and Iowa would still kick the living **** out of ISU.

Thanks for being respectful about it, even though I know deep down you're probably satisfied.
You couldn't be more wrong. I cheer for the Hawks every weekend but one...and I absolutely would never be happy to see a kid hurt or leaving school..any school. So that was somewhat uncalled for...I want Iowa's OL to be as strong as possible and if the Hawks have an awesome year...I'll be damn near as excited as anyone on the board.

Do you not know how to use the quote button?

Thanks for backing me up Dexter. It's just the tone and timing of your posts that make it pretty evident your intentions aren't as peaceful as you'd like them to sound. Whether you want to admit it or not I could care less. The point is that you should wait until there's further credible information before you start a post like this... ESPECIALLY if you're a cyclone fan. Think about it. I never said you would be happy to see him hurt or leaving school. I just meant it sounds like you would love for us to be thin on the o-line, even if it's just for the ISU game. Timing and credible information is everything here.

It's pretty apparent you are hoping he is injured enough not to be available for ISU.

Perhaps to an idiot its apparent. Not to anyone with a scintilla of intelligence. Not only am I an Iowa alumni, I go to the local Hawk bar to watch the Hawks out here in AZ...pretty much every weekend. And nobody cheers louder than I do for the Hawks. So perhaps you should know what you're talking about before blathering.

"sounds like you would love for us to be thin on the o-line"
Really...or perhaps you just assumed it, incorrectly, because I have Clone in my moniker.

Do you not know how to use the quote button?
Yes...yes I do. =)

It's pretty apparent you are hoping he is injured enough not to be available for ISU.

Perhaps to an idiot its apparent. Not to anyone with a scintilla of intelligence. Not only am I an Iowa alumni, I go to the local Hawk bar to watch the Hawks out here in AZ...pretty much every weekend. And nobody cheers louder than I do for the Hawks. So perhaps you should know what you're talking about before blathering.

You can shout what a hawk fan you are from the top of a mountain if it makes you feel better. Your tone is pretty obvious and appalling. The petty name calling really makes up for it though. Well done.

Mesaclone is a Hawk fan guys. He was just starting a thread to see if anyone had heard anything about a rumor. Are you going to jump on the person that started another thread about the same thing?

This statement reeks of "I hope he isn't ready for ISU"

Latest posts