Soundoff

So the "we got what we deserved" excuse appears to be flavor of the month. Jon just repeated it again. Why don't we deserve a win? Bad coaching? Recruiting? Player development?

Jon is doing what KF does, just with different words. We got what we deserved? How so??

KF said today loss was just a lot of little things that added up. Sounds kinda the same doesn't it.. I think so

Jon is doing what KF does, just with different words. We got what we deserved? How so??

KF said today loss was just a lot of little things that added up. Sounds kinda the same doesn't it.. I think so

Quite a big difference. I'm saying Iowa played bad and they likely deserved to lose. But its not my job to make them better or not do that.

Caller Marty raised issue of Ferentz getting paid to much. Miller "focuses on economics" of it and says it costs too much to pay off his contract through 2020. True, and the logical follow-up point is why are we in that position? The answer: Barta. He made it financially impossible to make a change.
So at the start of the 2010 season you were bitchin about the contract extension after the 10-2, 2009 season with the Orange Bowl victory? Easy to complain now, but I don't remember anyone coming on here to complain at the time of the extension.:mad:

Actually, look at Ferentz's post game transcript on this site, second sentence. He used the "deserve" excuse; Miller ran with it verbatim.

and they will be..

I said we heard the same things back in 2008 when they were 3-3, coming off 2005,2006 and 2007. then they started winning the close games. It's the talent, I said...and then said that someone is responsible for bringing that talent in.

If you're looking for me to burn something down the way some of you are, you're looking in the wrong place. I don't roll that way.

Actually, look at Ferentz's post game transcript on this site, second sentence. He used the "deserve" excuse; Miller ran with it verbatim.

You think its an 'excuse'? It's not an excuse. It's admitting that you stunk and got what you deserved for stinking.

Caller Marty raised issue of Ferentz getting paid to much. Miller "focuses on economics" of it and says it costs too much to pay off his contract through 2020. True, and the logical follow-up point is why are we in that position? The answer: Barta. He made it financially impossible to make a change.

This is a case study for Athletic Directors across the country. Employ a savy negotiator when dealing with a Savy agent. Barta has his shorts down around his ankles. NO DOUBT AD's are looking at this situation.

I said we heard the same things back in 2008 when they were 3-3, coming off 2005,2006 and 2007. then they started winning the close games. It's the talent, I said...and then said that someone is responsible for bringing that talent in.

If you're looking for me to burn something down the way some of you are, you're looking in the wrong place. I don't roll that way.
In all fairness Iowa never lost to garbage teams like Central Michigan at home in 2005 and 2006. 2007 was a mess and quite frankly, the program has been slipping since 2008.

2002-2004 was the peak and I don't think we mean to reach it every season, but in year X of Ferentz, I don't think we should be happy with the last two seasons.

You think its an 'excuse'? It's not an excuse. It's admitting that you stunk and got what you deserved for stinking.

But that only begs the question; why do we stink? Why have we been stinking for a couple years now? There are big-picture fundamental problems with the program, problems that you are not addressing in any meaningful way on this show.

Caller says that KF has become complacent - somebody needs to light a fire under Ferentz - (can't fire).

I hear many words that I guess are suppose to mean something. Tell me what the heck is going on in Iowa City and don't say it's the little things or we deserved this today. Big Ten programs should be able to weather the little things against a Central Michigan and we sure in heck don't deserve what just happened .

nobody said "he doesn't care" But saying the fire isn't as it was.

He's slow to make changes when they are due.

Team does not play with emotion either IMO>